FIFA World Cup: Qatar 2022

Ibou dropped to bench today. :ok_hand:

Denmark meanwhile gone with the Danish Andy Carroll up top.

Until Varane gets injured.

Konate with a brilliant performance and gets dropped, stupid manager

1 Like

FIFY. Keeping Ibou fit for Liverpool. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Ream and Robinson both start for Fulham. Turner is Arsenalā€™s backup keeper.

Adams starts for Leeds.

Zimmerman might be the only starter who doesnā€™t play in a top Euro league.

2 Likes

Ream is one that still surprises me how heā€™s still playing at this level.

Last time Fulham were up I thought thereā€™s no way this guy belongs in the PL (anymore). They had a few poor defenders and he was one of them for me.

1 Like

I agree - he wasnā€™t really involved in qualifying because no one really thought he was good enough, then suddenly he was captaining a printed Fulham and looking pretty solid in the Premier league and just couldnā€™t be left out.

Well Josh Seargeant is championship but to be fair whenever I see Norwich he looks the best player.

US football is in a good place, the only people who are surprised are those who bang on about ā€œsoccerā€.

Oh and those who over estimated England after beating a Iran team almost on the verge of grief.

2 Likes

Yeh - a little like Solanke, when Norwich was in the prem it looked like he would never score a goal, but in the championship he looks a good productive striker and he is still young and growing as a player.

Iā€™ll be interested to see how he looks if Norwich are able to earn promotion

1 Like

A bit like Southgate picks his favourites not inform players.

The caveat being that several of them donā€™t play all that much. Turner doesnā€™t. Dest hasnt since heā€™s left Ajax. Pulisicā€™s issues are well documented. Itā€™s been an ongoing debate whether it was better for the US to have their best players be squad players for good sides in top leagues or play regularly in the US, but to me itā€™s not really a debate. MLS is valuable for a variety of reasons, but player development for the better US players is not one of them.

2 Likes

Tbf Ibou has been injured all season, and has played like 2 games for club and country before todayā€¦

And heā€™s still better than any other French centre half.

3 Likes

Franceā€™s new structure is interesting.

They do have 2 very offensive players on the sides on paper, but in phases of the game, itā€™s different than before.

Griezmann has probably never played so deep, in phases of the game heā€™s still the #10 or second striker, but in other phases heā€™s the RCM or even the double pivot alongside Tchouameni. Rabiot covers a lot of gaps which enables them to leave Mbappe higher than Dembele.

2022 is near itā€™s end and weā€™re practically seeing a little midfield battle of Eriksen (also playing deeper lately) against Griezmann.

Fun.

1 Like

Rumor has it they used Budweiser to put it out.

2 Likes

Quite possibly when theyā€™re all up to speed.

People will have their biased and unbiased views, Iā€™m sure Bayern fans will think Upa is the best French CB and Iā€™m sure Arsenal fans will think Saliba is the best right now as Iā€™m sure Utd will fans will think Maguire and Varane better than them all.

Mbappe is a cheat code.

Correct decision

1 Like

That is true - and I wouldnā€™t claim the US can match the talent level of England yet, but right now Aaronson, Adams, Ream, Robinson are all first choice starters in the EPL

Musah starts for Valencia when healthy, McKennie is probably like Pulisic - always in the team but not starting a lot for Juventus.

Fantastic how two footed Dembele is.

His ability to turn, sharp touches at high speed and agility, turning people inside out on whichever sides and then serve on a plate.

When heā€™s in mood to play of courseā€¦

1 Like