FIFA World Cup: Qatar 2022

Not for the first time by Cornelius. Thuggish player

Which only exists in the minds of the English media.

1 Like

There is a level of talent there certainly. Maybe not to the level that some of the media hype them up to be.

But itā€™s for sure being under-utilised.

France playing like one of the favourites should.

Youā€™d never see them cower against the US like England did.

1 Like

Dembele on a plate for Mbappe.

Mbappe on a plate for row Z

Griezmann is a confusing player to know how to use properly in a team structure. Has the absence of Pogba, and the need for everyone else to have more structure to accommodate him, given more room to play him in a role where he can better express himself?

Youā€™re not being a tad provocative, are you? :wink:

I think heā€™s actually a very responsible player for a mainly offensive one. It was good for Giroud to have him behind him, it was good for Mbappe to be released like Salah for us, it was good for Franceā€™s deeper midfielders to have him in front of them. Still is, of course. Didier loves him, like an adopted son. Whether this is the structure (with all the players they have out) that gets them to the end is good enough, remains to be seen.

Yeah, didnt mean to suggest he is a problem. But itā€™s more that if you handcuff him by giving him a deailed role you get a player who does the role in a fine way but you dont see why heā€™s a 100 million player. Kind of like Gerrard for England for most of his career. Now with Pogba gone and the side having a bit more room to let him just roam and go where he thinks he can to influence the game weā€™re maybe seeing a bit more from him.

I see. Maybe, yeah. His numbers have mainly been high. But the little things he does centrally, maybe heā€™s underrated in that part of game. His responsibility merits certain freedom, and heā€™s best mainly central between the lines. When you see him also admiring ā€œdifferentā€ types of players like Bobby, you can sense that he has good understanding of the game. Never saw him playing so deep, helping now even more at the ā€œ3rdā€ midfielder because of Franceā€™s situation. Heā€™s vastly experienced now at the top level and recently found some rhythm again.

Mccoist - ā€œWhere the fuck is Giroud going?? Get the fuck out Mbappeā€™s way. What is he fucking doing.?ā€

Sign that man.

On New Years day and not a day later.

Brilliant reverse pass from Theo as well, brilliant from the pair.

1-1

Another that improves after a goal

1 Like

Well worked corner.

Poor man marking from the French.

Konate would of had that.

4 Likes

Latest update :0)

1 Like

Big chance then for the Danes to take the lead.

Ibou and Coman coming on.

Konate on

I have to look at that and Iā€™m the cruel one? I donā€™t understand.