FIFA World Cup: Qatar 2022

Ouch

1 Like

Last night, Jordan Henderson became only the fourth Englishman to play at six major tournaments after Sol Campbell, Wayne Rooney and Steven Gerrard. #lfc [neil jones - goal]

2 Likes

Quieroz strikes me as protesting too much, but Jurgen Klinsmann is a massive wanker. Heā€™s a egotistical and unforgivable wanker for leaving the greatest player ever to suit up for the U.S., Landon Donovan, off the 2014 World Cup squad, though Donovan was only 32 at the time and still arguably one of our best players. Wanker, wanker, wanker. Why would anyone listen to what he has to say?

I think Carlos gave a classy response back to JĆ¼rgen Klinsmann.

@Jase , i was getting worried there too, if it was our Jurgen in hot water, thinking, omg, FA have banned for another match for swearing :joy:

1 Like

Well Japan - CR is boring ā€¦

It certainly is. Hopefully thereā€™ll be some inspired half time substitutions again. Time to bring on the game changer- Minamino!

2 Likes

Oh dear keeperā€¦

How do you go from famously beating Germany to losing to Costa Rica and sending yourself home.

This may have just blown the group wide open.

Point for Japan was going make it must not lose and probably need a win for Germany tonight now they can take a draw.

Oh dear, Japan have completely gone off the rails

And a point they almost snatched. Mitoma doing well to get to the byline there and pulling it back.

Navas good stop with his feet.

Amount of times Japan have panicked in possession in this second half has been laughable. Aimless hoofs and countless overhit crosses, a real drop off in performance as the game has progressed. Endo was excellent initially but even Clive Tyldesley on commentary was fed up with him at the end of that.

1 Like

Massive pressure on Germany :de:

A bit pressure off now.

They can do with a draw tonight.

Or even with a loss?

2 Likes

They can go through on 3 points yes but Germany going to expose Spain tonight.

That oneā€™s on the coach. Too conservative in the first half. Should have played Asano from the start, and Minamino should have come on much earlier. Soma was garbage. I donā€™t know how he starts ahead of Minamino.

So, for Japan itā€™s down to Spain giving them less of a hiding than they give to Germany. Unlikely.

3 Likes

Did Japan think theyā€™d rock up and just get an easy 3 points today? Seems like it

Good job by Costa Rica to mentally recover from a 7-0 mauling

2 Likes

Every aspect of that is pathetic.

1 shot on goal and Japanā€™s performance, wish Germany all the best.

2 Likes

Nice link up between Thorgan and Michy, good stop by the U2 man.

Morcco barely put a pass together here.

Cooly done by Courtois.

I know heā€™s only up against Hazard but Hakimi again showing why heā€™s 1 of the very best RBā€™s in the world.

Morocco lead.

Ziyech free kick caught everyone off guard.