FIFA World Cup: Qatar 2022

1 Like

And then I hear a story that Simons was seen in the private part of an Amsterdam nightclub hanging out with well-known gangsters who were doing drugs.

Just hope it is not true but lately, we have seen Ihattaren have no discipline when he was with PSV, sold to Juve, on loan to Sampdoria, did not show up went home sat on the couch and went fat. On loan to Ajax privately got into reasonable shape again played one match and disappeared again, gangsters set his lease car on fire, he married a gangster sweat hard, and more trouble with gangsters did not train for weeks, putting a photo on Instagram him laughing whileAjax were outplayed by Napoli. Now Ajax has said, in December you can go back to Juve.

Or Quincy Promes who stepped a family member at a party, dealing in drugs but before it came to trial Ajax sold him to Moskow where he is hiding now. Another player from Heracles got into his car and killed a young woman while under the influence of drugs and alcohol, hiding out in Russia too.

I really hope that the Simons story is not true because he and Timber are the best young talents.

Anyone have the Saudiā€™s squad yet please? Been dying to see it since this morning.

This Al lad is some ballerā€¦ :smiley:

Ontopic: Iā€™m boycotting this farce as wellā€¦ Iā€™ll rather watch and listen to neighbors snoring.

3 Likes

Yeah - and I donā€™t think many of those will end up in Brazilā€™s netā€¦ But itā€™s still better than what previous coaches used to serve up. I get it, the team often used to be limited in the attacking sense, with the defence having incomparably better individuals and whole team working better in that aspect. Now, it seems like itā€™s almost the complete opposite - look no further than Strahinja Pavlović whose game revolves around (heroically) throwing himself in front of everything, tackling people left and right, stepping out of defence with and without the ball (heā€™s actually decent at former) and having zero positional sense. I think heā€™s the perfect embodiment of this team! :joy:

Yeah, itā€™s good to see them qualified and looking like they all know what to do. Even if itā€™s highly offensive and with high risks.

This is cool.

3 Likes

There are signs outside pubs in Fulham that say things like ā€˜Book now for the tournament that shouldnā€™t be mentioned!ā€™.

Theyā€™ve already ā€œmeme-ifiedā€ any resistance. The spectacle absorbs all.

Do international teams have ā€œlegacy fansā€?

Iā€™ll watch most games, the ones when I can and the ones I donā€™t find too boring.

But I canā€™t deny it doesnā€™t have the same feeling as usually.

4 Likes
1 Like

Itā€™s going be background noise for me but yeah Iā€™m not as excited as I am usually for the World Cup.

Well not at all.

Here comes the break for all the leagues! Letā€™s hope our players comes thruā€™ unscathed in the world cup. The only players that are highly likely go to at least the QF could be Alisson, VVD, Konate,Fabinho,Henderson, TAA.

Uruguayā€™s fixtures could be tricky as they might get knocked out in the round of 16.

As for SF and beyond, there is a high chance that Alisson, Fabinho and Konate will progress. A potential match up between the Netherlands and Argentina could be tricky for VVD. As for the English boys, a potential match up between England and France will certainly see France pulverise England.

All in all, we could have all bar for 2 players back to the Dubaiā€™s training camp by 13th December 2022 with the final match of the world cup being on 18th December 2022. Our next league match will be on 27th December 2022, that gives us a bit of time prepare if Alisson, Fabinho and Konate goes all the way to 18th December 2022!

The friendly duo of USA and Iran will make sure England is eliminated so Trent and captain can just hitch-hike to Dubai after the group stageā€¦

England will get through the qualifiers only to look garbage afterwards.

I assume Kelleher will be the goalie until Leicester unless Brazil crash out.

Konate wonā€™t play a lot so thatā€™s an odd one to judge.

Just saw that Uruguay videoā€¦how wild that a small town of 100,000 people produced both Luis Suarez and Edinson Cavani within a few weeks of each other

4 Likes

PLā€™s top 6 players at the WC:

City 16
United 13
Chelsea 12
Tottenham 11
Arsenal 10
Liverpool 7

1 Like

What a beautiful and touching video. There is something magical about South American football when it comes to representing their respective countries, the people are so passionate, intense, it is part of their soul they way the love their team.

I am trying to feel the same way about England :grimacing:

2 Likes

Iā€™m intrigued to know all the other teams to be fair say like Villa.

Also itā€™s nice to know we are top 6 at the moment (though Brighton play tomorrow, come on Emery).

1 Like

I was going to buy a new telly for this World Cup, but not now.
I can see myself getting sucked into watching some of the World Cup games tbh, although I donā€™t feel enthusiastic about this tournament at all.

4 Likes