FIFA World Cup: Qatar 2022

It will all end in tears, as it always does for England.

2 Likes

Cundy is a prick at the best of times.

2 Likes

There are enough players with big engines in the England squad that he’d create another pressing monster!!

2 Likes

What’s the deal here? Rather weird.

I’m still bummed that Canada is out.

:frowning:

1 Like

We got a goal! The plan is to win a game at the 2058 World Cup. Next time around, we win the group. We will be in the finals late in the 22nd century, when you cannot play the game anywhere below the 45th parallel, and we will win as hosts in the final played in Yellowknife.

We are inevitable…we will win it before England does.

6 Likes

He likes to play as if he’s a midfielder. I think the manager wants him to be a bit more conservative in his approach. The player isn’t having it. He has a big opinion of himself. The manager then put his foot down.

That’s my take on it.

Since the manager is our own Rigobert Song, I am backing him!

1 Like

2 Likes

What in the game or group.

To me they deserved it, they controlled most of the game until the latter stages which is to be expected. They never felt totally under the cosh, in fact I was bit disappointed that Iran didn’t show more.

Nothing with Jason Cundy is must watch… bury in a time capsule and hope humanity dies out before it’s found perhaps.

But not must watch.

2 Likes
6 Likes

Speaking as a neutral, I’m not so sure. They have a great squad of young players, a mix of youth and experience, and seem to have a togetherness that has been missing for past 30 years. Yes, Southgate is pragmatic and boring, but he’s also calm and self-assured enough to not be influenced by the bipolar media. I fancy them to reach the final.

I also find them a more ‘likeable’ group than any other England team in my lifetime, which is partly down to Southgate and Hendo.

4 Likes

Did you notice when Southgate played Hendo from the start how he got everybody pressing correctly he is his organiser on the pitch

4 Likes

Hendo will make a terrific manager, if he goes down that route once his playing days are over. I could easily see him starting at Sunderland and then progressing to Anfield.

I’d say he’s more likely to manage Liverpool than Gerrard is.

8 Likes

Totally agree with Millie and Lallana as his assistants

3 Likes

Time for this again?

:rofl:

Must watch Team America again some time.

Funnily enough I was reading a letter this morning on twitter by Stephen Sondheim to Trey Parker congratulating him on Team America and offering to work with him on a Theatre production if he wanted to do one.

1 Like

Cut It Out GIF by Schoolyard TV

Totally! You could hear him shouting at individual players to get on the Wales players.

2 Likes