FIFA World Cup: Qatar 2022

our lads are just outmatched on the world stage. Glad they got there and will learn a ton for their next attempt at 2026. but they’re up against it now.

Happy Hour Drinking GIF by Barstool Sports

It’s ok. No nation can be #1 in every sport.

And Canada…you know, they have their hockey.

Oh yeah, we don’t have to wait 36 years! That puts our Word Cup win plan ahead a whole generation, we will advance out of the group by the end of this century!

not upset about it. I wasn’t expecting them to make it out of the group. gave a solid showing against Belgium and hung with Croatia for an hour. it’s not our national sport and development programs here are still in their infancy. lots of time during my generation to watch it grow.

And I fully agree.

Would’ve loved to seen Canada in a group with Iran USA and Wales instead for example where they could at least be seen as having some sort a chance of progression.

I’ll be getting tickets for 2026. one of my friend’s kids is now training with the Grenada MNT so am hoping they’re able to make the cut. so many friends in the hospitality business here (hotels) that I’m sure i’ll get to see some cool stuff like I did for 2010 olympics :slight_smile:

KDB for the third time this Tournament going missing for his country.

After Orlando missed out we started looking at which cities made most sense for us to target for games. I work out of NYC, but those games are actually being played in Jersey, so fuck that. Boston will be great and so there is some potential for that. But I’ve got a friend who splits time between Vancouver and NYC (works mostly out of the US, but for a Canadian company and needs Canadian residency to retain his executive position) who I mostly see when we’re both in NYC. We’ve been thinking this is a good opportunity to head out West to finally spend time out there though. Fingers crossed you get some good games.

between Vancouver and Seattle, should be some bangers in there. During 94 World Cup a bunch of my teammates went to SF and LA to watch some games, but there was no way I was going to get myself in that kind of trouble :laughing:

1 Like

Ronaldo is supposedly struggling to be fit for their final game. Could be interesting if this forces Leao into the starting line up and he plays well enough to argue for moving forward without him.

Belgium should’ve called up KDB.

I don’t really blame the group. If Canada had scored against Belgium, that probably would have done it. Start with 3 points, and the approach to the Croatia game could have been different. Heck, 15 minutes in to the Croatia game it was still looking good. I think it is down to having been there before. CONCACAF qualifcation is a tough dogfight, but for different reasons. Morocco does African Cup and qualifcation, which has all of the same difficulties, but a broad group of top teams sprinkled with genuinely world class talent. Mexico and the US are good teams, but not a single player who might get nominated for a Ballon D’Or.

1 Like

Two goals this World Cup! Triumph!

edit: granted, own goal by Morocco, but they all count

2 Likes

shit, did i miss one?

I don’t know if you know this about me, but I’ve always liked you.

1 Like

Lukaku :joy:

Ohhhhhhhh dear.

Lucacku

I do like that bloke dressed as Belgium fries

Belgium would be the most undeserving side to make the knockouts.

I dunno that Poland side were pretty bad.