FIFA World Cup: Qatar 2022

4 Likes

You’ve lost me. Please help.

Roberto Martinez

1 Like

aaaannnnndddddd

1 Like

:rofl: Rom was a slightly different period, but he at least looked like a professional football player there. I mean, Manchester United dont spend on 80 million quid on bad players

:neutral_face:

The longer Martinez was at Everton, the worse their attacking got. Their goals for declined in each year he was there.

edit: he just stepped down

1 Like

so that’s the “straight face” emoji I take it? bahahahahahahahahaahahahah I’m dying here.

that 13/14 Neverton squad was pretty good. finished in Europa

Oh. I was looking in wiki. Did De Bruyne play for Everton? I don’t recall that. And did Everton have some world beating playmaker? Did they ever even have a playmaker? Not in my memory.

Yeah, it is the sneaky think that people dont like to talk about, but the side Moyes left to Martinez was both pretty good and pretty good to watch. He got a lot of plaudits his first year there for finishing 5th, but it was still pretty mostly Moyes’s side. As Arminius says, each year that passed they looked increasingly aimless, even despite a Rom up top who was firing away the goals. 2 bottom half finishes the 2nd and 3rd year saw him given the boot

1 Like

Do you not remember Ross the new gerrard Barkley?

their giant-killer was Naismith IIRC. with Barry playing deep and Steven Pien-iss being the agitator.

1 Like

Return to Everton soon

He rode that Wigan FA Cup a long way. Actually, he surely wasn’t worse at Everton than what came after him. And semis in 2018 WC not terrible and won the consolation match. Wonder where he will end up next.

1 Like

He has a really odd arc as a manager. For someone who tries to put in his own possession-oriented style and asks for patience, he peaks rather early - seems like in his second season. Everton and Wigan were both pretty similar in that way, and not far from what has happened with Belgium. It is difficult to think what would be causing that, it is not something as painfully obvious as Mourinho’s 3 year cycle

1 Like

And if it wasn’t the end of your contract, they wouldv’e sacked you anyway.

Flick finally decided to start Kimmich at RB.

Well Marco Silva crashes after 12 months in every job it’s almost time at Fulham in fact he has gone over.

Why play a world class midfielder at RB?

If you don’t have proper full backs then switch to a 3 and pack the midfield.

Good evening everyone. I expect a funny matchday .

Flick has no “Mut zur Lücke” tonight (again) apparently…

1 Like