FIFA World Cup: Qatar 2022

I missed Souttar’s, post it if you find it.

But I’d say Gvardiol’s is a very strong candidate. Been probably Croatia’s best player at the WC so far.

:joy:

2 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmdkqy06HB0

2 Likes

Yeah I saw something similar on twitter yesterday, only it was an image of Tupac instead of JFK. :rofl: :rofl:

That lad is going to get so much harassment and abuse for the duration of this tournament, the sad empty uneducated world we live in.

1 Like

Just a bit of a curiosity about the second goal for Japan goal last night.

I had a wee read of this page on the BBC:

Now I didn’t see the match but the photos on the BBC poll look a bit odd to me. On the first picture the ball appears to have crossed the line but the Japanese players foot is nowhere near touching the ball. On the second shot the ball is just millimetres in but the players foot appears to be in contact. Now that might just be the perspective; but why does the ball appear distorted, as if it had just been kicked?

Regardless, I don’t think the two pictures are from the same time frame. It would be interesting to see the preceding pictures.

Why didn’t they show the graphic like they do with goal line technology?

Who did this? :joy:

They could be from the same moment. If you notice the one which appears to show green is from an aspect which allows the camera to view beneath the ball. Of course, the ball itself is not touching the line, only the profile of the middle of the ball remains with bounds. The view from above is the better one and shows this clearly.

Goal.

Japan’s new flag ^^.

3 Likes

Nunez and Lewy up top to save the abomination that is Uruguay.

Can’t see them laying a glove on Ghana.

The idea that the game would be measurable to the millimeter in real time was not even conceivable when those rules were written. The metric conversion was a pragmatic recognition that English lining equipment would use inches, European would use centimeters, and at any given match, one or another would be in use.

2 Likes

Remember a couple years ago we missed winning the league by 1.5 millimeters

1 Like

Oh dear Nunez lol.

2 Likes

Come on Ghana :+1:

Is that not a pen for Ghana?

Kudus well on when Ayew took the shot and keeper cleans him out.

Come on Ghana!

If onside for me it’s a pen and I assume it was.

Forget Qatar, worst team in this tournament has been Uruguay.

Nunez booked for trying to scuffle the pen spot, so needless.

Shit pen.