FIFA World Cup: Qatar 2022

I don’t see there being too many surprises in the last 16.

Netherlands for me have it very hard…as do Croatia and Spain but I think these 2 will scrape through.

For me it’s USA v Argentina / Croatia v Brazil / England v France / Spain v Portugal

Actually you know what I think Japan will do Croatia over. Legs in midfield for Croatia won’t hold up & Lovren’s bound to have a clanger. Japan v Brazil.

Then it’s Argentina v Brazil and France (of course it will) v Portugal

Brazil v France and bye bye Brazil.

The ref giving him a handshake before the yellow card was really endearing I thought :rofl:

3 Likes

Aye. You can craft narratives to give the underdog a chance…

• Switzerland have pulled off some upsets in the recentish past
  • Senegal arent good, but england are capable of choking.
  • The US are capable of making life difficult for good teams and if its close towards the end anything can happen
  • Spain always look susceptible to lulling themselves to sleep

But I wouldnt put money on any of those underdogs.

1 Like

Will Smith Wow GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Correction: three Asian nations, no Oceania nations

Are you John Locke moving the island in Lost?

Angry I Can Do It GIF by hero0fwar

1 Like

This aged well …

2 Likes

I ended the sentence with a question mark.

1 Like

Is it just me or after Switzerland scored did Serbia just start to fight as in fight in the literal sense rather than as in a football sense.

2 Likes

Brackets are almost Europe on one side and the world on the other. Swap Senegal and Morocco for Croatia and Netherlands and you have it. Next round might see a guarantee we get a European team vs. World team in final. Kind of interesting.

1 Like

You can’t look past France vs Brazil but this tournament hasn’t been a given so far even outside of the last group games.

Most people would say Holland and Argentina tomorrow but I have my doubts eithier will be easy. That Holland v USA is actually a bit of a toss up.

2 Likes

…defeating Brazil, which had not lost a group stage game since 1998, was an accomplishment in itself. Cameroon became the first African team to defeat Brazil in the World Cup.

2 Likes

Ejected from the soccer ball game

1 Like

I’ve just realised if Swiss had scored that one on one or the Êmbolo chance and it was given as I think it might have been then they would have topped the group.

Some of the refereeing today, especially in the Uruguay and Switzerland matches was embarrassing. Nunez, Cavani, Shaquiri should have all won penalties. Mitrovic should have had a yellow for a blatant dive

1 Like

Like WHY!! None of the three looked tired. They could have kept going

Australia are in the Asian conference!

Well their defence looked porous after all those changes. Same with France.

Still predicting a France Brazil final

A France v Brazil final is what I have too, with France as winners.

But it feels like a World Cup where almost anything can happen.

France, Brazil, Argentina and England can all catch fire and hit a high level. But they all seem to have it in them to drop a bollock too. Portugal have a lot of good players and can also do the dark arts quite well. And if Spain can dominate anyone, so long as they remember to stick the ball in the net (Costa Rica, I know!)

Lie in tomorrow, then I will watch USA v Netherlands. I think the latter will win, but there’s nothing too special about the Dutch, and America might give them some problems.

3 Likes

Hoping to jinx it with posting it many times in the coming days but I feel like it’s going to be THE media and internet wankfest with a Messi vs Ronaldo final.