USA
Argentina
France
Brazil
Spain
Portugal
Senegal
Japan

France and Brazil top, would have won all matches so far with first teams.
Next tier is England and Portugal. With England itā€™s a matter of self belief (that includes Southgate). They can genuinely hurt any opposition.
Spain is a level below. Japan conclusively demonstrated that they can be pressed into coughing up the ball in dangerous areas. And if you play a relatively high defensive line you can totally nullify Morata.

1 Like

Probably the best angle I saw so far.

utz

I get what you meant. Similarly, although for different reasons, Israel is part of UEFA, but Iā€™d never refer to them as a team from europe.

One of my favourite bits of the first round was the Korean lad whoā€™d learned Portuguese phrases just so he could swear at Ronaldo in his native language and the BTS fans going crazy sticking it Ronaldo because of it.

Germanyā€™s inability to beat either Japan or Spain is what eliminated them from the World Cup.

2 Likes

And is that the beginning of Arsenalā€™s slide?

Donā€™t be silly Limie, they have Eddie Nketiah waiting in line.

If LVG manages to take this Dutch side all the way, for sure I will be part of his army.

What has happened to Gravenbach? Why hasnt he made the Dutch squad?

Because he never plays for Bayern.

1 Like

17 appearances in half a season. Even if they are all from the bench it is still surprising to ignore him given the their relative lack of other options.

Well there must be an underlying issue then if heā€™s never able to start games? Whether it be attitude, fitness or something else.

Iā€™ve always advocated for national managers to pick players on form, In Gravenburchs case he had no rhythm in the lead up to the World Cup.

Berghuis Frenkie Koopmeiners De Roon all did. But thatā€™s just my take on it.

Young player, first season at Bayern, can take time.

More telling is Ligt who lost his place to Timber it seems.

1 Like

Wow, some save by the Dutch 3rd keeper.

Well on as wellā€¦Blind lol.

1 Like

Dest going piggyback on VVD. Donā€™t think Virg noticed.

1 Like

Depay 1-0

Nice goalā€¦ball in from the right was quality.

So much for thinking US would win this

And thereā€™s the difference. A truly quality side finishes its chances.

Not over yet, though. Dutch have looked pretty fragile and lethargic on defense, at times so far.

1 Like

Been watching it on stream as the antenna was somewhat down, was really bad buffering this afternoon so looked if I could work out why the antenna wasnā€™t workingā€¦ā€¦

Wasnā€™t plugged in was it.

1 Like