FIFA World Cup: Qatar 2022

All the Dutch (read Amsterdam) normally say like the arrogant bitches they are, that is anti-football or cowardly counter football we are too good for that when an opponent plays catenaccio as they did.

Now they are the first to start the cheering and yelling look how great we are …

Fucking hypocrites … :face_vomiting:

Some talented footballers do excel across both club and national football and some utter naff players achieve only at national level.

1 Like

There are more players who underachieve at national level.

It’s ony logical because they don’t have much time and to get there, you have to be good at club level in the first place, regardless of the level of selection.

But yeah, you do have some cases where we can say some players are ‘better’ for their national sides.

2 Likes

For all the ball they had they created very little. Other than maybe for 10 mins the Dutch were very comfortable. You are right that you cannot criticize them too harshly for going out to a much favoured and in the end better side, but it was the nature of the loss that I’m picking holes in. Within 15 mins it was clear the Dutch were content to give the US the ball in their half and force them to pass the ball through them. In that situation, 3 combative CMs, none of whom are particularly good getting ahead of the ball, is a waste of a player. Berhalter was a little bit hamstrung in the three collectively being 3 of their best players, but by refusing to adapt to it he just allowed the Dutch to coast to a relatively comfortable win. If you take someone like Antonio Conte and had them managing the US in that game he’d have made a change in their shape within 20 mins and I think it is that sort of adaptive thinking that Berhalter hasnt shown he has.

2 Likes

I thought Collini was out of retirement for this one then.

1 Like

Something competitive and exciting would be nice but not counting on it. Argentina seem to be gaining momentum.

2 Likes

What is the club equivalent of this match?

Good question. I was thinking the prior was Man City vs. Fulham after Man City had already clinched the league. May need a few more minutes here.

2 Likes

Spurs v BIRMINGHAM

1 Like

I’ve got Championship vibes from Australia so it’s a cup game.

2 Likes

Probably more injured by the fall.

A bit boring so far, Australia under no real pressure

Please! We’re still paying off our extravagant Klinsmann contract. Can’t afford much more than Berhalter.

Looks like the Argentina v Saudi showing up against the Aussie v Denmark.

Bye bye Argies.

Austrália rather comfortable and dare I say been a bit on top.

Australia need to keep 11 men on the pitch.

Messi 1-0

Messsssii