FIFA World Cup: Qatar 2022

Still I can’t stand that, not in the 82nd minute.

If I was ref I’d add a minute on for everyone.

1 Like

I think I’d go with the Dutch based on today, their defense to me looks more solid and they can genuinely counter.

1 Like

That was bad.

Oh dear Enzo, surely that takes 40m off his price tag?

They need to get the ambulance on that must seriously have hurt Martinez.

Sorry if I’m spikey just pissed with that.

Yeah, on balance, maybe The Netherlands. Ruthless finishing.

1 Like

The Australian manager looks a bit like hide the pain Harold.

They’ll be at it from minute 1 vs the Dutch.

2 Likes

Argentina have managed this last 10 really well.

Kind of tell why Martinez was dropped.

1 Like

Close again

Wow.

That wouldv’e been quite something if that managed to find its way in the Argies goal.

Fair to Martinez (GK) did everything he could do then.

Game over

This is what negative football begets. Argentina should have poured it on from the off.

2 Likes

Get Messi’s shirt lads

4 Likes

I imagine that will be seen as a decent tournament back home for the Aussies.

Replay in the QFs of one of my favourite world cup games, the Bergkamp winner game from the 98 quarters

Also for all the gnashing of teeth of Messi’s tournament failures, he’s only 1 away from joining the all time top 10 and equal top Argentine.

1 Like

Argentines celebrating like they already won the trophy.

Forgetting that they have to beat Portugal in the final.

Summary

Jinx

1 Like

Joy to watch Messi tonight. The powers may have waned but he still took the absolute piss at times.

2 Likes

Joking aside, I’d be very surprised if they got past Netherlands, on the basis of organisation if nothing else. I’m actually rooting for the Dutch to win it now, even though they fail to convince me (Van Dijk in particular looks very suspicious at times - I hope it’s fatigue and not age that is catching up with him). At this World Cup, Argentina is literally Messi + some ten other guys, shades of Zidane in 2006 there.