FIFA World Cup: Qatar 2022

Two clean sheets, two penalties saved and twenty-four saves. Does Szczesny have a shot at the Golden Glove? Seems he must.

Definitely in the WC 2022 team of the tournament.

Thanks a lot, I was just trying to fall asleep.

Wow, Mbappe’s shot for the goal had a spin rate of near 3 rps.

This to add to a 10 minute conversation with the special reporter explaining to us that Lewi was pleased to score his first world cup goal in the last game.

Fox knocking this coverage out of the park

:neutral_face:

1 Like

To me the grandparent thing is a bit of a stretch, though. You ought to have at least one parent born in the country.

Good old Joe lol.

Actually, despicable is more fitting.

1 Like

3-0

Game over. :wink::wink:

To think the bookies had Kane as golden boot over this guy.

Mbappe is simply the best.

Maybe could go down as the best ever.

Wow, I wonder what the spin rate on that one was

Seems a good moment for more trivia. 21 players have won 2 World Cups (Pele won 3, of course). 16 of those players played for Brazil.

Penalty

Pen coming for Poland

Looked pretty clear enough, arms are out.

Wtf, Trezeguet has aged well. Looks like he did in '98.

1 Like

All but one of the rest were Italians from 34 and 38. Who is the remaining player?

One man has claim to 4 world cups. Who is he and what claim?

Lewa just fucking bang it lad,

Or do the same againitreallydoesn’tmatter

Well played France today deserved.

A point I’ve made a few times recently is that International football isnt actually very good anymore. What is interesting about it though is the puzzle solving nature of it. Some teams like the US have obvious weaknesses and have to find a solution to manage that. Some teams like France and Brazil have too much talent to play everyone and so the challenge becomes an exercise in trying to find the right combinations.

This is a really good take on the specific challenges Brazil are having finding those right combinations right now

1 Like

Haha, Lewa doubling down on the hop, skip and jump bullshit. Feck off.

2 Likes

Well now he can focus on jumping on that flight back home.

1 Like