FIFA World Cup: Qatar 2022

You win, good for you!

2 Likes

Southgate did the best he could with what he had. Maybe Chilwell and James would have put us over, maybe not.
Reasonably pleased that England more than held their own against the defending champs and favourites. But our luck was out and the ref most certainly didn’t help.
Wasn’t expecting England to win anyway so not surprised.

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

@ShadesOfRed mate I got into a right argument with a mate (in person) who said fake Ronaldo is better than the real Ronaldo (he’s not a regular football follower).

Halfway through I was like “it’s not worth my time educating someone who won’t things their opinion anyway” so I just left it at that. Waste of time.

Players missing from France team tonight. :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

1 Like

The foul was on the line which is classed as inside the box, so it was actually a penalty

2 Likes

Not from the video footage I seen, which was just TV replays. I assume VAR had more views available to them.

So either it wasn’t in the box / on the line OR VAR didn’t think it was a penalty.

If it was on the line / in the box then I stand corrected, as it was definitely a foul.

From the replays I seen, it was outside the box (and I was already aware the line counts as the box).

1 Like

But they didn’t even give a free kick, so they didn’t think it was a foul.

VAR can’t give free kicks.

Likelihood is that when they reviewed it, they decided it was a foul, but outside the box.

Thanks for sharing @Jase, shows just how tight it was.

The first picture you shared is what I got from the TV replays, to me the contact was outside the box but the fall was inside. Hence my belief that it wasn’t a penalty. Free kick all day long though.

1 Like

Definite penalty. Kick inside the box. The pic shows that.

Ref missed loads. Mostly he didn’t call fouls on Saka, some on Bellingham, and definitely missed this one on Kane, which should have been a penalty.

The first France goal started from a clear foul on Saka.

Ref had a bad game.

3 Likes

Aaaaannnnddddd…relax. Going to be able to enjoy Chrimbo now. Looking forward to weeks of cry-arsing about how England should have had 5 pens, now you know how we feel after getting shafted week-in, week-out. Not nice is it?

5 Likes

Made sure Trent and Hendo got an extra week’s holiday.

4 Likes

I’m happy with Liverpool players getting some rest. A bit of training, hopefully a midfielder in January, and a good run to make sure we get top four.

2 Likes

Henderson might need the rest. I’m pretty sure that in a midfield with Rice and Bellingham he outran both of them.

3 Likes

Never ever a foul in a million decades…look closely you’ll see Saka loses his foot and then delays his fall like he usually does. A gush of wind knocks that guy over.

Pen first half is debatable whether it’s over the line or not, nothing “definite” about it. VAR checked it long enough to deem it not.

Disagree. Saka was getting fouled all night. The ref wasn’t giving it. France’s first goal originated with a foul on him.

It was similar to watching Mo Salah in the Prem, and the treatment refs allow him to receive from fouling defenders.

The bias was evident when Mbappe went down and Henderson didn’t touch him, but a free kick was instantly given.

The ref was extremely uneven.

Kane was definitely kicked in the box. The pics show it. Upamecano was all over him, and kicked him well over the line of the box. It is right there in the pic a few posts up. Odd for a Liverpool fan to point to VAR as an authority. The VAR crew were as shit as the ref.

6 Likes