FIFA World Cup: Qatar 2022

World-Cup-news-Netherlands-Argentina-1707858

He doesn’t need to defend it. The Dutch did this every penalty and they were gobshites the entire game.

I agree, nothing to defend, both sides were terrible. I don’t think Argentina should be answering charges. But I do find the fact that their focus was on taunting the defeated Dutch rather pathetic. You won, they were twats, you need not ever think about them again. Go celebrate, your revenge is they have to watch.

Have no idea how Dinamo compares to other clubs at the WC, but yeah.

They usually filter/grab almost everything that’s good or best in Croatia, speaking of young talent. Wherever they’re from (not that we’re a big country). Nobody can compete with them financially here (so far), they simply offer the best terms to the player and his family, their know how, etc.

It’s a known fact par example that Luka Modric (who is originally Dalmatian, from Zadar, not from Zagreb) got rejected at Dinamo’s main rivals, Hajduk Split, because he was physically small.

But Dinamo’s academy is well respected, they’re now a well oiled machine when it comes to creating a path, bringing them through and selling them on.

Local talents, national talents, sometimes even foreign talents like Eduardo da Silva, Dani Olmo, etc.

3 Likes

No and yeah, slow.

Still enjoying the butt hurt play out. Did you know it’s a conspiracy?

So, Argentina v Croatia today. I will probably watch, but not as intently, from my office. The attention I do give it will be watching out for Enzo, just in case we are in for him. He has looked good so far this tourney, with vision, passing, scoring, sticking his foot in as needed. Looks to have the lot.

Croatia just keep going! And fair play to them for that. I was not expecting them to get this far this time, and while I have Argentina making it tot he final, anything can happen here.

1 Like

And all that playing in actually the deepest role he’s played so far in his career. Also became France’s player with most assists in their history.

Fantastic player, good to see him back in form this season. Probably past his best, but still quality.

2 Likes

The question with him has long been what his best role is, or whether he was good enough to have that free 10 role in a really top side. France have maybe answered those questions in his favour, and its an interesting question as to whether it would have been possible had Pogba not been injured. In many ways Deschamps job has been made easier and less complicated by the injuries France have sustained.

2 Likes

The one he played for years. In front of a double pivot midfield, behind/alongside a main striker. Now, he showed that he can drop a little bit deeper.

Yeah, I was editing it as you posted. It’s seemed clear his best role is one with a degree of attacking freedom within a well structured team - a proper midfield behind him and a proper striker in front of him. The issue has been is he good enough to justify that role on a properly good side expected to win the highest honours, and if not how do you get the most out of him. His performances on sides that already contain the likes of Neymar, Messi and Pogba illustrate the relevance of the question, yet his performances in this side point to what those previous sides might have lost by refusing to put him in his best role and making others work around that.

With the above in mind, is Rabiot for Pogba the most fortuitous enforced change that could have happened to France?

1 Like

I think he showed he can do that at the highest level. For me, it’s only the choices and things that have gone a certain way at club level. Perhaps staying at Sociedad a tad long, going to Atletico of all places (again, maybe staying a bit too long), then going to Barca (that was more Barca’s fault than him accepting the challenge). Wanted to see him a bit outside of Spain, because it was clear that Barca’s timing to get him was poor (basically, Messi was still there). No major questions around Griezmann in my books.

1 Like

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

As I said in the other thread, it’s time for revolution. The Iranian people have to decide now, what future they want.

5 Likes

Interesting line up from Argentina who still seem to be struggling to find their best XI. Today it looks like they’re going to pack the midfield presumably to counter the strength of the Croatian trio.

1 Like

Paredes is such a dirty cunt. Macallister…he the Brighton midfielder?

2 Likes

rainbows on ARG sleeves for warm-up kit? interesting…

FIFA had said theyd allow the armbands for the semis but not before :man_shrugging:

Arrrghh noooo why Ally Mccoist…I know they say anything of too much makes you sick, but especially so when it comes to listening to this guy.

Very over-dramatic at times…over-emphasizes far too often Imo.

“He’s gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawt taaaa scoreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee there”

Love Ally Mcoist, much better than most. Anyway, take what you said about Ally and apply it to yourself hehehehe.

3 Likes

Well that’d make me someone I’m not wouldn’t it?, a fake…which is the last thing I’d ever want to be.