FIFA World Cup: Qatar 2022

On earth are they arguing about? It’s 1 million percent a pen.

if the striker attempts to chip the keeper and runs into him to instigate contact, isn’t it a foul on the striker for running into the goalie? Lovren saved the ball from going in

The keeper’s come out to him as he’s chipped him?

He’s taken the ball past the keeper, keeper’s come out and obstructs him. How on earth can you award a free kick to a keeper for that.

if the keeper is stationary and striker hits him, who is the foul on? each player is responsible for their own momentum. ball did not go into the goal.

Been dodgy pens all over this world cup. Its like the refs have been instructed to award them to appease the casual football fans who only watch world cups and get bored when there’s no goal.

He wasn’t stationary though, he came out and stood his ground after realising he wasn’t getting to the ball…the ball not going into the net has no bearing to the award of the pen.

Croation player arms at his side leans to the side to deliberately play the ball with his arm on a shot and no handball given, total bollox

Who are you backing?

• Peter Walton

69.8%

• Neville, Keane & Wright
    30.2%

That Argentine song is going to brainwash me. Heard it about a million times now.

Peter Walton. :rofl: :rofl: :see_no_evil:

Nope unless you are in motion, but same as basketball if you are in that position 1st and stationary all is ok, used all of the time on corners

Never was gonna be given.

I wouldn’t have given it to be honest. Especially on first viewing so say down at the amateur fields on a Saturday.

Should have been as he moved his arm/body to the ball therefore deliberately playing it with his arms in an unnatural position :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: who the fuck holds his hands behind his back and considers it natural.

I think that depends on the refs position if he’s down the line of the shot and sees that movement it should be given

Anyone sensing this going 2-1 and then manic chaos a la Dutch?

Meanwhile Messi taking the piss. Unbelievable.

If the penalty was given to us then its a pen all day. If its given against us then they bought it by running into Ali :slight_smile:

You’ve got to remember how slight that movement is and how hard this is to see. The arm is too close to the body to see that on first viewing. Still not sure if it’s a genuine reaction or not anyhow.

But yeah give refeering a try it’s pretty difficult, I have a lot of respect for Cricket ones who get this stuff right.

Croatia haven’t managed a shot on target yet but have 62% possession.

Croatia very poor offensively, again 0 shots.

0 goals today 60 mins in, 0 goals against Brazil (90 mins), 0 goals against Morocco, 0 goals against Belgium, ET needed v Japan scoring 1…

It’s not great is it.