FIFA World Cup: Qatar 2022

Bold if City attempt this next Wednesday…

Close to 2-1

Well it’s Thursday so yeah be bold :wink:

Finally a shot on target :clap:

Lol I was a referreeing instructor in the UK and worked in the Prison PE department for 12 years and reffed plenty of games as well as playing footy from 14 to now an 56 year old.

Biggest thing about playing and reffing you know what is natural and unnatural and also the little fouls that players are aware of that refs that have never played are oblivious to

2 Likes

Fair enough, I saw on the screen and to me it’s how if judge it on the park and I wouldn’t give it. Just doesn’t seem obvious to me. His body and arm seems natural enough for me.

On VAR yeah potentially you could.

1 Like

But isn’t that what they’re “told” to do?

As proven you can have your arms/hands raised in a natural position and be penalized for it to your argument that “why would you hold your arms behind their back as it’s unnatural to do so” , so what should defenders do?

Its their usual game plan

As I said it does depend on the refs position, but it is a clear intent to play the ball if seen from the right position

I’ve always thought the whole natural/unnatural, deliberate/accidental take on the handball rule was BS…because it’s all subjective.

We need clarification…clarification comes from positioning and where your arms are positioned.

Pen - Arm away from the body no matter the distance.
No pen - Arms down by the side no matter the distance.

Done.

Would you have said handball off the TV? First watch?

3-0

3-0, well and truly over now.

Not bad this Alvarez lad eh?

Messi has made Gvardiol his bitch tonight.

2 Likes

Alvarez looks a decent player saying that it’s not Man City’s major issue it seems.

Game over. Alvarez has won this game for Argentina.

Yes as I think the angle of the shot was behind the player, for me it was a deliberate move. I suppose I hate this hands by the side and have seen it a few times now where they move to play the ball and nothing given

Fair enough I think we agree to disagree.

VAR on second viewing would possibly open it up for me as I had only seen it fresh once as I was tucking into a tasty chicken burger.

1 Like

Lovern probably have got to that.