FIFA World Cup: Qatar 2022

What a campaign from Morocco. Credits to all their players and their manager looks really decent as well. I think the difference in fitness levels hampered them big time. Maybe by the next world cup they’ll be more ready physically as well.

5 Likes

France :fr: with 2+attempts on target and 2 goals, both finalists played the semifinals the same way let the opposition have the ball and then punish them on the counter.

Think Konate has played himself into the final regardless of Upamecano’s health on Sunday.

3 Likes

Yeah he has to start, even if they need to switch to a back 3.

Bit misleading, Giroud hammered the post shortly after the goal. But agree mostly with your point

Congratulations big man on helping your country to the World Cup final :clap::clap:

7 Likes

Can I get an ooooooh weeeeeeeeeeeeeee
MAKEBA
Makes me baaaadeeh dance for yaaaaar

First of all, congratulations to Morocco. They gave it a real good go and were a revelation. Very few had them going this far, and they overcame Belgium, Spain and Portugal, which is no mean feat. They went farther than any African team before them. Credit where credit is due.

As for the final, I have now come round to wanting France to win. I don’t love them, at all, but reading the article above about the Argentina song in the dressing room has clarified things for me. Besides the historic needle between England and Argentina, I really don’t like the Argentina approach to the game. They remind me of Atletico Madrid. Snide and them some.

So, reluctantly, I want France to win.

3 Likes

I am rooting for the Argies, just so that the debate for the Mancs can be put to rest, who is the best Messi v Ronaldo

If Argentina win, and Messi rides along on the crest of a wave of glory, it would infuriate Ronaldo, who in recent months has shown himself to be a man-child.

So that would be a silver lining for me. Ronaldo falling apart, watching his great rival being celebrated, while he scratches around looking for a game in a relevant league.

3 Likes

And that’s what happens when you play Konate.

4 Likes

I want Konate to win a World Cup so I’ll be for the French.

5 Likes

No Welsh fans arrested either.

Or Scottish fans(but there may be other reasons)

1 Like

Wonder what kind of reception Messi will get at Paris and France if he beats them to the title.

Might get fired by his club manager, Sporting director and president Mbappe.

Supporting the Argies in the final purely for the great man to hold the trophy.

Despite quite a few upsets in this WC many predicted France v Brazil/Argie final at the start.

2 Likes

Player ratings from the Grauniad. Definitely in agreement that Konaté was superb:

3 Likes

Anybody offended???

Qatar has been the worst WC host ever and have seemingly taken the opportunity and 200b to show what a shitty tinpot place it is.

Probably.
Popular pastime, finding stuff to be offended by.

1 Like

He should have never started. I kinda feel him and the other half-crocked Moroccans let the team down by declaring themselves fit for this match. It was disruptive for them to come off and I’m sure it affected their team defensive setup.

2 Likes