FIFA World Cup: Qatar 2022

Funny how so many people are offended by people getting offended…

Mainly the media.

I can guarantee Upamecano would have given away a penalty. Possibly why Deschamps didn’t play him

1 Like

Feel sad for Morocco. Well played lads. :clap: :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

They’ve got a bug going around camp and he and Rabiot were unwell because of it.

Given the likely preference for the Qataris for Argentina and Messi to win this, the entire France side should be steering well clear of any Lasagne between now and the final.

2 Likes

You think it offends me?
I pity them

You certainly seem to spend quite a bit of time talking about such people…

Probably less than one percent of my posts, but ok :roll_eyes:

mr t wink GIF

“When Morocco was seeking an equalizing goal, it threw on a forward who plays his club soccer in Saudi Arabia. France’s second, clinching goal was scored by one of the brightest prospects in Germany’s Bundesliga, one of Europe’s elite domestic competitions.”

—Rory Smith in the New York Times

What is Rory in about? I watch Bundesliga every week, Muani is okay, but I wouldn’t call him one of the brightest prospects in the Bundesliga. He misses a lot of chances

So Morocco blame the ref, England blame the ref and Croatia blame the ref…Portugal I can’t remember. Usual post match stuff.

And how the fuck did the Argies beat my Aussies…that ref was shite and cost us the WC.

1 Like

Nah mate, you lot were proper shite and your only goal was scored by an Argentinian :wink:

Portugal’s compliant was a joke.

England had valid complaints against the ref but I don’t think that’s the reason they lost. Not enough shots on target.

Morocco definitely had a very good penalty call not only not looked at but foul given against them. At 1-1 who knows how the game ends.

3 Likes

Just a gee up the Aussies over achieved……

There are always judgement howler decisions in every game but it is always the losers complaining and deflecting.

Nothing has or will change. Crowding the ref seems to be getting worse. Not even VAR has helped. We still can’t agree watching the video. And then let’s all Intimidate the ref when he runs to the screen.

So who will be the next sore loser? 3v4 match or the final. Guaranteed to be one of them. My bet the losing finalist.

2 Likes

There are always “exceptions to the rule”.
After Argentina won against the Dutch, didn’t Messi tear into the referee and maybe, just maybe play a part in packing the referree home?

I don’t see the point of the losing team lodging a formal complaint about the ref, even if they have legitimate reasons to feel aggrieved. Their World Cup is finished, so it’s irrelevant to them if the ref is sent home or not. And barring some possible outliers in football history, no match ever got replayed because the loser complained about the ref to FIFA

1 Like

South Africa had to replay Senegal in a qualifying group because of a complaint. Granted, unlikely to happen here.

In that case the ref was found to be involved in a betting scheme and manipulated the result in his favour. He was banned from football for life as a result and so that is obviously meaningfully different than a side just airing grievances over what they perceived to be bad decisions.

4 Likes