FIFA World Cup: Qatar 2022

Argentinians sneaked into the French kitchen.

:microbe: :joy:

2 Likes

Mbappe and Greizmann to fill in at cb?

World Cup team of the tournament: Lionel Messi, Kylian Mbappe, Antoine Griezmann, Harry Maguire | Football News | Sky Sports

Maguire :rofl:

1 Like

:joy:

Loving the pathetic bit part side show Sky play in CL and WC

And Ronaldo on the bench :rofl:

No fucking chance was he in the top 25 players

4 Likes

Someone asked if they’ve fixed this for Messi to win :thinking:

Move along, nothing to see here…

Indeed. However it was Senegal laying a complaint that started the process. In the immediate aftermath it was very much a moan about shit decision making with the reason why only brought to light upon investigation.

1 Like

They could at least know that Gvardiol is left footed. :joy:

And I wouldn’t have Modric in there.

No Japanese players?

Qatar bought:
PSG
FIFA
The World Cup
Neymar
Messi
Mbappe (very expensive extension)
A member of the EU parliament (unrelated, I assume)
A number of referees (I assume, and obvs related)

I assume they bought the referees to protect the value of their other previously purchased assets, i.e. to ensure a final involving two of Mbappe/Neymar/Messi.

As an England supporter I’m only personally painfully aware of ours against France. He was clearly biased, recently promoted and it is only very small jump to assume he was paid to be biased.

I imagine other countries have similar, likely valid, concerns.

Check out the referee for the final. When I look at the record of his performance against us for PSG I also jump to the assumption he is on the payroll.

Who reff’d the game that resulted in Neymar going home? Michael Oliver. Who went home straight after Neymar? Yep, that fella.

All sound a bit loony conspiracy theorist to you? Maybe. But we’re all pretty comfortable with the accusation they bought the world cup. Seems to be commonly accepted. Why should we have to assume they would stop there? Why wouldn’t they buy the refs as well? I imagine they are the cheapest purchase on that list. Are we meant to assume all referees are incorruptible in the face of massive bags of cash? When others appear fallible?

I doubt it.

1 Like

France, Argentina and Brazil is not a shock to make the final.

England copped some bad decisions but overall the French were better in the moments that counted.

no one on the website seemed to think any english refs deserved a spot on the WC roster pre tournement, now Oliver not getting a Semi (final @SYBM , behave) is being used as some form of evidence for a conspiracy theory.

lets face it, its just the world cup, it throws up these results, then generally the powerhouse nations meet in a final.

4 Likes

Oliver not getting a semi (arf arf) or England being better than France (or vice versa) are pretty inconsequential to the reasoning.

They managed to buy everything / everyone else they wanted. Why wouldn’t they / couldn’t they buy the refs?

That’s it pretty much it. The rest was window dressing.

When Qatari sheiks are involved you know it’ll reek of corruption.

1 Like

It is indeed highly suspicious that we’d see a final between World Cup holders France and Copa América holders Argentina, considering the way Maguire dominated the tournament.

1 Like

Maguire was playing for a move away from Ten Hag…
All the way back to Hull :0)

Touchel wanted him at Chelsea.

1 Like

If Brighton wanted him he still might end up there (I mean Chelsea not Brighton).

Time for the most pointless game in football history that’s not a friendly game.