FIFA World Cup: Qatar 2022

Qatar not happy with Beckham apparently…
They complaining he wasn’t worth the money paid to him

1 Like

I seem to recall Real Madrid saying something similar.

4 Likes

McCoist last night, “Mbappe the first player to score a hat trick in a World Cup final where all 3 went over the line”

6 Likes

Gareth Southgate the hero.

2 Likes

I think most fans are familiar with Jarzinho’s record from 1970 of having scored in every game. However, as they went straight to the QFs from the group stage then he didnt have the 5 different rounds to score in that Messi did this time. US media are now insistent that Messi is now the first man to score in every round of the tournament. I think in most cases this isnt a judgement call on how Jarzinho’s claim doesnt meet that criteria, but obliviousness to it.

I mean, fuck, the actual proper Fox coverage were trying to claim Mbappe as the 5th person to score a hattrick in a world cup final (I think they meant score in 2 different finals…Vava, Pele, Brietner, and Zidane prior).

1 Like

Hurst was still the first, and no one classes penalty kicks as a goal.

It’s bad enough the country is near bankruptcy with terribly high inflation. But to make them drink Budweiser? That’s cruel.

Salty Scottish fucker isn’t he

:frowning:

I was very impressed with his quickness, I wouldn’t be wanting to face him in a shootout.

If Salah gets a pen on Boxing Day (hahahahaha) just blast it in the middle.

2 Likes

I’d wait for him to move and then Panenka it. Make him look even more of twat than he already is.

2 Likes

He is able to move very late, Lloris couldn’t. He isn’t saving something smashed though.

2 Likes

That’s what Mbappe did every time

Why does Martinez win the Gold Glove (or Golden Five Fingered Erection into which he converted it)?

Looking at goalkeeping stats Croatia’s Livakovic or Poland’s Szczesny did more to help their teams. Or is it just based on Martinez’s clutch performance in the final? Looking back in recent history, it seems the Golden Glove winner comes from a guy who played in the final.

2 Likes

Yup, actually I think where it’s subjective it goes to a guy in the final.

Continues to be a gracious winner.

Hope we stick ten past him on Boxing Day, although he probably won’t be back by then.

Classless cunt.

10 Likes
2 Likes