First 7 days of TAN - In numbers

4 Likes

Good to see TIA fan quotes still have messages from here :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Hope theyā€™re paying you guys commission @indianscouser @Neukƶlln

2 Likes

Iā€™d be glad if the mods can help me (us) by ensuring @Alright_Now doesnā€™t post during matches.
Its a win win to everyone.
Less nervousness, less tension and we always win.
Its time you take one for the team @Alright_Now !! :rofl:

1 Like

I think this ESL did a heck of a good to our forum traffic. As I write, there are 30 odd posters online; extraordinary for this time of day on a weekday. @ISMF1 can you churn-up some numbers, mate! Think there were about 2500-3000 posts in last 60 hours.

Some good comes out of everything, eh!

1 Like

Didnā€™t get log out - not enough traffic :stuck_out_tongue:

(or maybe credit to ISMF for fixing that) :wink:

4 Likes

Yeah, I was surprised by that too. :smiley:

Haha in the last 7 days

9,700 likes
1,500 user visits
126,000 page views
4,500 posts
Averaging 106 posters a day posting, 156 on the 19th

We are a small but very active community :wink:

5 Likes

Meaning we could own Liverpool FC if each of us chip in 28mil each

2 Likes

Let me just check down the back of my sofa. 2 secsā€¦

Pff, thats weekend beer money for many of this lot :rofl:

I am not that richā€¦I would have to sell off 2 of my old houses to get that amount

1 Like

I generally enjoy dipping in here and find the opinions expressed on most topics well balanced. With very few exceptions I respect most people hereā€¦but I do wish we had more posters. It does feel at times that the same few people are posting across the threads and again I donā€™t mean that as any criticism but because there are so few you pretty much know what they are going to say before you read them.

I think what I am getting round to saying is ā€¦ canā€™t we somehow attract more posters with more varied opinions? It just feels a bit too predictable and cosy at times. Do we promote the forum in any way? I know that involves work for the same peopleā€¦

I notice if I search for Liverpool fan forum we donā€™t appear yet. I realise it takes Google a while to pick you up but maybe some SEO of the site might helpā€¦

1 Like

I guess thats a good idea to attract more traffic here but at the end of the day, I guess its about resources in terms of funds, time and knowledge. I think right now, I am guessing ISMF is the only one (??) that is the main person doing the technical part? Also not so sure on the funds part in terms of running SEO which can come up to a neat sum, the amount of money collected from us would have mainly gone to subsidized the server and maintenance of this forum. SO overall, not sure whether there are additional resources.

Having said that, its a good idea so the mods can give an idea whether that can be done and what are the constraints right now and others can chip in if it is realistic.

2 Likes

Your spot on. Moving from TIA has given the community a new lease of life, and I took a conservative approach (wanting to make sure we are sustainable). I consciously didnā€™t advertise.

But I think we are at the point now where we can grow organically. The forum is healthy. I would advocate anyone to invite new potential members from Twitter, Facebook or other forum sites.

In the summer big upgrades are on the way, and I will start pushing the site on Twitter. Open to any suggestions to attracting new members :blush:

4 Likes

Do like the Aus government do for getting ex-pats to vote. Offer beer and bbq :rofl:

3 Likes

Yes I learnt everything from scratch when TIA shut. A good hobby during lockdown, and currently the only one with technical knowledge (but I have given all the mods step by step instructions in case anything happens to me). We are all equal founders.

So completely open to any ideas.

Anything you think can make the site better I am happy to listen. I have done very little with search engine optimisation. I should probably explore it again.

My main constraint is time, more than anything.

1 Like

I run some online shops so I have some knowledge of SEO but only in terms of manipulating specific page content to promote individual product items. This enables me to eventually get them to show up on page one but it can be a very slow process.

I suspect for TAN to get there, you need to create some backlinks via Twitter etcā€¦

1 Like

We got 502 members but less than half post regularly so any way of trying to get them to participate :thinking:.

2 Likes

Cheque is in the mail!

1 Like