Former players and managers - general discussion

22 years seems about half that.

2 Likes

I wonder if it’s genuine.

if it is the peice of papers probably worth 400k by now.

with the full benefit of using hindsight, and talking in todays numbers…whats that transfer worth?

i reckon towards 400m pounds realistically.

Don’t think so because the transfer fee was £440,000

1 Like

Jay Spearing: Former Liverpool player treated for adrenal glands disorder - BBC Sport
Former Liverpool midfielder Jay Spearing has been diagnosed with a rare disorder of the adrenal glands after being rushed to hospital on Saturday.

The 34-year-old, who made 55 appearances for the Reds between 2008 and 2013, has been working as an age-grade coach at Liverpool.

He is one of about 300 new cases of Addison’s Disease each year in the UK.

5 Likes

Get well soon, Jay :pray:

5 Likes

Lovren has rejoin Lyon

2 Likes

Remember this lad?

6 Likes

I was shocked he was 34 to be honest.

I remember getting off a train at Liverpool and had my hair in a similar style and a group of fans started chanting Şahin at me.

That’s about all I remember of him :see_no_evil:

That outburst on 0:23 got me.

1 Like

A lovely player. He is a great illustration of how capricious form can be in this game. He was the best player in the BS before his move to real and even though he stayed there only 1 year he could never find a situation again that allowed him to perform at anything close to that level again, even after going back to Dortmund to work with Klopp again.

3 Likes

I remember Klopp being asked about Nuri Sahin when he was on loan to us and Klopp, who I believe was still Dortmund manager at the time, saying something like it broke his heart to see how we used him :joy: He was a criminally mismanaged player here.

5 Likes

Rodgers played him as #10, which he certainly wasn’t. Probably lazily thought he could be an Ozil for us. But to be fair, Sahin wasn’t great anymore post-Dortmund. His levels overall dropper sooner than maybe expected.

It was only 2 years between his player of the season title winning season at Dortmund and returning there on loan - one at Real and one at loan with us. But that was 2 years with only about 15 games played total. For a player in his early 20s, those were key years almost entirely lost by 2 bad moves.

1 Like

What a likeable character this guy remains…
Could do with him on TV a bit more to take the place of some of the pundits :0)

Best one - Keegan says
“the referees top pocket is like a toaster, every time a tackle gets made a yellow card pops up” :0)

3 Likes

I absolutely loved KK growing up. I remember watching him along with another footballer on a Friday night pre FA Cup Final talk show with Brian Moore? They had a selection of snacks on a table in front of them. Every time Moore asked KK his opinion on something he had his mouth full of food and had to take a few moments to swallow what he was eating before replying. :joy::nerd_face:

2 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes

The 2nd from Arse wasn’t bad either. :nerd_face:

1 Like

“Proper” football. It’s seeing old clips like this that makes the whole “football started in 1993” crowd so infuriating.

6 Likes