Former players and managers - general discussion

This is a young Stan Boardman (Dee bombed r chippies). :nerd_face:

2 Likes
1 Like

I didn’t get Villa signing him when they did, when they already had Watkins (not a prolific goalscorer then, but couldn’t imagine a funcional Villa side with both of them starting most games).

He was very good at Southampton, though. Antonio is getting on, Scamacca also can’t seem to properly get going, Bowen’s numbers and threat have drastically fallen.

It’s gone a bit under the radar due to our and Chelsea’s struggles, but dear my are West Ham having such a crap season. Considering the way the ended last season on a high and the expectations this season.

2 Likes

Jose Enrique: “On this day in 2016 I was captain of LFC. I don’t believe it’s something that I deserved but Klopp knew what a horrible time I was having with my knee and knowing that I was leaving in the summer he give me that day that I will never forget and be grateful for ever to him.”

13 Likes

Exeter at home I think it was. Enrique played LCB. After that circus of a draw at their place.

1 Like

:rofl:

I always liked him for some reason* doesn’t surprise me he is 31….

12 Likes

Thankfully old enough to remember the great man

7 Likes

The Jimmy Adamson quote was a good one :smiley:

6 Likes
4 Likes
1 Like

1 Like

:grimacing: not the way I’d talk about my partner but each to their own.

Alonso it is

1 Like

That goal/game for Henderson was the start of his trajectory from trying to be binned to lifting big ears and the PL.

1 Like
3 Likes

My dad too! He was a regular on the Kop in the 60s and early 70s.

1 Like

Like me, some of our older fans will well remember this lad. Everyone was very excited about him signing for us when lots of other clubs were chasing. Rather a sad story.

He came up in conversation with a mate the other day and we looked him up.

2 Likes