Former players and managers - general discussion

I think as far as the first World Cup in 1930, it was common for the ref to wear a suit. I think it was meant to look authoritative.

5 Likes

I think they now should wear clown outfits to befit their standards!

5 Likes

The hat does it for me.

2 Likes

Ɓlvaro Arbeloa

4 Likes

At 40 he looks miles better than he did when he was a player.

:open_mouth:

1 Like

Jamie Carragher had an axe to grind. Around 2:20.

Van Dijk said a few mounts ago I would not have been good enough to make this Liverpool defense, donā€™t make me laugh, Iā€™ll take his place.

How small can you be Carragher ā€¦

ā€¦

I canā€™t stand Carragher anymoreā€¦ Once a bitter always a bitter eh

2 Likes

To be honest, apart from him being better than VVD, I canā€™t disagree with anything he says. Truth hurtsā€¦he pretty much says what is becoming increasingly obvious to most of us.

Agree with what he said, VVD had a go at him in jest and Carraā€™s having the last laugh

1 Like

Bloody hell, he looks like a model now! Our record against Real Madrid since we let him go there: played seven, lost six, drawn one.

2 Likes

Heā€™s not wrong.

What Virgil said back then was a joke, but also an exaggerated one.

His bromance with little Joe can continue with Gomez somewhere else, Iā€™m sure of it.

Being right or wrong is not the point, he wants to score at the expense of van Dijk who is not in the studio to defend himself.

Carragher has spent op much time with that Manchester prick Neville.

2 Likes

Nah, his job is to say it how it is, which he did.

He couldnā€™t be biased and nice to us after last night, there was room for some criticism.

If Virgil or anyone else who isnā€™t in the studio doesnā€™t like to hear those things, better not watch it then. Ignore it. Simple.

3 Likes

His ego is so big that he had to hit back at what van Dijk said that is the whole point. He could and should have made the point without that. Now he is acting like a vindictive little prick.

1 Like

He threw a little joke, like Virg did at him when he wasnā€™t present.

Nothing special, really. Theyā€™re grown up men, at least they should be.

1 Like

Well I disagree but that should not surprise you.

Remember Carragher was blue before red. Heā€™s a proper wanker on sky makes Neville seem half decent.

1 Like

Thierry speaks the truth at 2:52. more important than Carra, Thierry is a smart footballer and he knows.

2 Likes

yes. this is some of the best dialogue Iā€™ve heard about our squad in some time. From Henry, Carragher and Richards. itā€™s honest.

Jim Beglin the pundit

I suspect at the end of his life, his tombstone would read: It was not intentional; he didnā€™t mean itā€¦

2 Likes