Former players and managers - general discussion

Yah. She sounds like she bullies him, tbh.

Decent read. I like Peter Crouch too. Seems like a normal bloke. Thereā€™s a lot more depth to Clancy than the external beauty might suggest, too.

Itā€™s hard to know how any of our lives would turn out if we were suddenly multi millionaires and financially set for life by 30 years old, but they seem to have made a good fist of it.

Thereā€™s talent there beyond football, but normalcy too, so he is well regarded.

3 Likes

Jordon Ibe has signed for Ebbsfleet

5 Likes

Always felt Peter Crouch seemed a good guy.

6 Likes
4 Likes

Glad heā€™s much happier now!

5 Likes

Just been a good little interview with Steve McManaman on Radio 4. He was talking about why he chose us over Everton and our prospects for the season.

Itā€™s about 1h25m into Today, if you want to listen on BBC Sounds.

4 Likes

Another really nice and, at least for me, insightful interview. Canā€™t get enough of former players speaking highly of our club, to be honest.

5 Likes

1 Like

Good post. As you say, it is hard to know how we would handle/how our lives would turn out by becoming comfortably rich. The majority of us think we would deal with it, be able to cope but I can imagine it is not as easy as it seems. I think it helps if you are comfortable in yourself and surround yourself with good people.

Regarding Crouchy, I live in Birmingham and one of my female work friends went through a period of being a footballer groupie. Chasing alot of the Villa players, anyhow, she ended up sleeping with Crouch, apart from telling me he is a lovely bloke, she confirmed that his feet do actually stick out the bed :rofl:.

Iv got an additional story about Lee Hendrie. I actually think he comes across well with his punditry, however, he was a bit of a cock in his playing career.
Anyhow, two of my mates were out drinking and Lee Hendrie walks in. One of my mates recognised him and told my other friend Freddie (who knows nothing about football who he was). So, Freddie walks over to him and says, I know you, youā€™re that famous sports person off the TV, your really good you are, youā€™re Hendrieā€¦you are Stephen Hendry, the famous snooker player. :rofl:

Former Liverpool star could be SACKED after ā€˜attacking his manager in trainingā€™

[Mamadou Sakho] is facing the sack at [Montpellier] after allegedly attacking his manager Michel Der Zakarian in training.

Reports in France claim that Sakho, who played in the Premier League for [Liverpool] and [Crystal Palace], had a furious exchange with his boss. Itā€™s said the 33-year-old defender grabbed Der Zakarian by the collar and knocked him to the ground.

The alleged incident happened in front of several witnesses and was sparked after Der Zakarian refused to give a foul on Sakho during training. The player then stormed off the pitch as his furious manager told him the session was ā€œnot a la carteā€ (optional).

Itā€™s claimed Sakho responded to that remark by returning to the pitch and confronting Der Zakarian in a physical altercation. Sakhoā€™s team-mates and other members of staff intervened before Der Zakarian took his anger out by banging walls and doors.

French newspaper [Lā€™Equipe] reported the alleged incident on Friday morning. Itā€™s believed Montpellier are considering their options, including a termination of the playerā€™s contact. Neither Sakho nor Der Zakarian have broken their silence on the allegations.

Mamadou Sacko

Klopp evidently was right with this guy.

3 Likes

Marmaduke thicko

why are we so quick to condem Sahko here?

maybe the guy deserved itā€¦

1 Like

I think we all know what happened here. The guy said, ā€œMamadu, just because it isnt explicitly listed on the banned list doesnt mean you can take it. Thatā€™s not how it worksā€¦ā€

To be honest regardless what is said itā€™s a professional relationship you donā€™t go hitting people.

Iā€™ll let him off if itā€™s racist mind.

5 Likes

Happy 84th birthday Willie Stevenson. A great player who I saw play many timesā€¦

6 Likes

Mamadou whacko.