Former players and managers - general discussion

This guy?! Didn’t know he played there either tbh :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

https://x.com/risingballers_/status/1770083337727512956?s=46&t=aLG9ncyUrtZ-QtZv0kz6SQ

1 Like

Did say on the day of the Klopp announcement…would have Milly and Lallana as managers…I know its never going to happen…but hope Lallana veers towards LFC at some time…

2 Likes

Let’s wait until they prove themselves first!

1 Like

True…this is why I don’t think it will happen…but would be nice…

1 Like

Not sure which thread to place this… as he is still on our books and playing very well

Liverpool loanee named fifth best player in Europe in his position;

Liverpool loanee enjoying outrageous season

Comparisonator – an AI-assisted football data platform – have collated the figures for every centre-half playing in the top five leagues in Europe this season. That includes the Premier League, LaLiga, Serie A, Bundesliga and Ligue 1.

Taking to X, Comparisonator listed the top five centre-backs in order of their average score this term and coming in fifth was Liverpool loanee, Sepp Van den Berg

The Dutchman, 22, is currently loaned to German side Mainz and by all accounts, is excelling.

Van den Berg has made just four appearances for Liverpool since arriving from Dutch outfit PEC Zwolle back in 2019. However, if the comments of Mainz boss Bo Henriksen are anything to go by, Van den Berg is making the most of his chance in Germany.

In quotes carried by the Liverpool Echo, Henriksen said of Van den Berg: “He is a leader and the boss in the middle. He’s getting better and better.”

7 Likes

Sounds like he could be ‘like a new signing’.

1 Like

Bring him home. Well played Sepp. Done everything on loan and has excelled. With Matip probably leaving in summer, VVD getting a bit older, and Konate having his fair share of niggly injuries, there is an opening for SVdB.

I don’t see him starting yet, but given we fight hard on four fronts, there will be games for him, and if he grabs his chance he could well be here for the duration.

At the worst it will be a sale for a good price, as the lad can play.

2 Likes

Sander talks sense; clearly one of the smarter guys to play for us.

I had no idea that he went to Sociedad after so was there when Xabi was breaking through.

Pique described Torres as the “least Spanish” player of that golden generation in their national team. In terms of everyone passing, not losing the ball. But him having other strengths like incredible pace and power. Scoring some key goals for them. Peaked at Liverpool, which we know. And yeah, you could see Torres’ weaknesses sometimes in small spaces or with his back to goal (even if he was one of the best lone strikers of his time at his peak). Doesn’t mean he was rubbish at it, because the standard of them Spanish gems at that was the absolute top, but can imagine him being pretty erratic in rondos.

3 Likes

I was always coached to play to strengths. when I was a teen, it was pace. in my 20’s it was stamina. 30’s was positioning and 40’s was access to cheap beer to fill the cooler. :slight_smile:

Wow, this mural is really one of the best I’ve seen.

Brilliant work.

9 Likes

I’m currently watching the Wales vs Finland Euro qualifier playoff.

Three of our former players are playing for Wales: Danny Ward, Harry Wilson and Neco Williams.

It’s currently 3:1 after 60 minutes with Neco scoring and Wilson providing an assist.

3 Likes
3 Likes

This is lovely.

3 Likes

Legends losing 2-0.

1 Like

Poor Aurélio, almost lasted 45 minutes.

2 Likes

Xabi not being there is another sign that he will take over in the summer.