Former players and managers - general discussion

2-1… Gregory Vignal the scorer.

I always knew he’d come good.

1 Like

2-2…Cisse.

1 Like

Chris Kirkland coming on. How many minutes before he gets injured?

3-2….El Zaher??

2 Likes

4-2……Torres

1 Like

Was just typing looks like the Chelsea version of Torres has turned up, then he scores a screamer

1 Like

He’s done alright, for his age.

They’re all just youngsters out there

Full time. Sven has a 100 per cent record as Liverpool manager.

7 Likes

We can class him as a former manager now

8 Likes

and with 100% win record, surely he would have to be our greatest manager?

1 Like

I have no memory at all of Liverpool legend Nabil El Zhar. I must have blinked and missed him.

4 Likes

One of Rafa’s signings that just fell off the radar, I’m surprised he even played 20 games mind.

Mostly would be on the bench for league cup games.

2 Likes

From memory, he seemed to have an issue with injuries and getting fit didn’t he?

I do remember mentioning him the odd time on the old board.

Scored a winner against Cardiff in the FA Cup I think and had a decent career in La Liga afterwards.

3 Likes

I’d like to think @Rambler was being sarcastic…

1 Like

Yeah , the likes of him and Assaidi didn’t really have much of a role. Atleast we shipped Assaidi off quickly.

Yeah, El Zhar didn’t play much, we mostly used him as an impact sub on the right side in 08/09.

Couldn’t watch it on Saturday, so watched the replay of the thing yesterday.

Nice event, as always.

When you saw a midfield double pivot of Sissoko and Spearing, you knew we’d have issues to get going. Jay especially lost so many balls in the opening part. A bit like our Liverpool side post Xabi, the two main guys up top were a bit isolated. Felt sorry for them looking at what’s behind them.

:joy:

Agger and Hyypia look as elegant as they always were. Aurelio technically spot on, but unfortunately got broken again.

I certainly don’t miss watching Babel’s usual predictable and boring cutting inside and not doing much as a result. Was funny seeing Vignal immediately trying to adopt the modern hybrid full back/midfield role, looking at whether Babel is more wide or central.

:slight_smile:

Torres looks good, but that’s no surprise as he recently stopped playing and is keeping himself fit. Gerrard also good as usual.

Got better in the second half when Stevie and Biscan took over midfield, reminiscent of their double pivot partnership against Juve at home in 2005. Also, getting more offensive players and width from the “younger” and more mobile guys like Gonzalez.

Found it funny how Litmanen came on with his shirt perfectly tucked in as it should be and giving Cisse instructions over what’s his new position for the final 5 minutes. Proper pro!