Former players and managers - general discussion

https://twitter.com/Robbie9Fowler/status/1772241537616805935

1 Like

Pretty sure I followed Djibril out of town late Sunday morning :slight_smile: If it wasnā€™t him it must have been someone who was in town to try and sell him their number plate!

Voted for fowler and Sol Campbell.

1 Like

Voted Robbie and Sir Les.

Morally there is no way I could vote for Michael after he jumped to the dark side and signed for the scum. Similar with Cole. Stat wise, he should be in there, but having played for THAT mob, I just canā€™t vote for him

I went Fowler and Van Der Sar

Eventually they will all get in? So itā€™s not really a big deal, it only depends in which order.

Voted for both Fowler and Owen.

It didnā€™t feel great when Owen signed for United when I was 19, but itā€™s been a long time since I came to terms with it and Iā€™m not letting it tarnish my memory of what he did with us.

2 Likes

Im not bothered with Owen and he talks positive about us on punditry.

I just felt it needed a goalie and Van Der Sar was impressive in his time.

Oh yeah, Edwin was great in the PL.

The length of the career that Owen had didnā€™t want to make me vote for him.

Heā€™s a gobshite but that wasnā€™t the reason I didnā€™t vote for him. He was only ever truly world class at Liverpool.

1 Like

I think thatā€™s also a case to be made.

I also think a lot of Owenā€™s credit and gravitas came from England and the criteria are explicit that performances outside the PL should not be considered for the voting. He is now just outside the all time top 10 in scorers, which is a pretty good case by itself to be included, but there are 3 eligible players ahead of him in that list who are also yet to get in (Cole, Fowler, Dafoe).

1 Like

Also on that list , a little too soon for the likes of Hazard and Silva to come in but they eventually will make the list as well.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/Killi_backup/status/1772259636583834108

The Yakubu quote is fake, but Dejanā€™s reaction is not.^^

1 Like

Put this in RIP Thread, but is appropriate here as well.
Giant of a player. Great career with Forest after finishing with Liverpool

8 Likes

https://twitter.com/RousingTheKop/status/1773650790713811088

6 Likes

Heā€™s got his managers papers hasnā€™t heā€¦his he learning from the ā€˜masterā€™ till the end of the seasonā€¦could he be an outsiderā€‹:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Wouldnā€™t be the worst idea for a new manager to have someone with a connection to the club in his ranks.

Torres would be an odd choice but there does seem a genuine sense that he regrets his move and the way he moved.

As I said at the time I donā€™t mind that he moved but the shitty way he dumped a transfer request in on the Friday annoyed me.

1 Like

We donā€™t want any pappy managerā€¦we want someone with fight, personality, man manager, someone able to push the players to even higher levelsā€¦no airy fairy managerā€¦Iā€™m not asking alotā€¦am I???

1 Like