Former players and managers - general discussion

Liverpool defender involved in astonishing ‘biting’ incident after red card controversy

Liverpool defender Owen Beck was bitten during altercation that saw him sent off for Blackburn Rovers at Preston North End on Sunday

Owen Beck of Blackburn Rovers clashes with Milutin Osmajic of Preston North End during the Sky Bet Championship match at Deepdale on September 22 2024

Liverpool loanee Owen Beck was seemingly bitten during a fiery end to the Lancashire derby that saw him sent off playing for Blackburn Rovers at Preston North End. Beck, who is on a season-long loan at Blackburn, was given his marching orders two minutes from the end of the goalless draw in the Championship on Sunday after an altercation with Preston midfielder Duane Holmes.

However, during the melee that followed, television footage appeared to show the 22-year-old being bitten on the back of the neck by Preston’s Montenegro international Milutin Osmajic.

4 Likes

Oh Dear… Guess he will get tremendous stick over this :0)

Liverpool icon bonked Katie Price ‘like a cordless drill’ going ‘bang bang bang’

Liverpool legend John Arne Riise was known for having a hammer of a left foot during his time in the Premier League and it appears he didn’t just bang in goals

Katie Price once hooked up with John Arne Riise

John Arne Riise had a hammer of a left foot - but that’s not the only time he’s been compared to a construction tool.

The former Liverpool fullback and Champions League winner, who turns 44 on Tuesday (September 24), was once referred to as a “cordless drill” by Katie Price after the pair seemingly got down and dirty in the sheets.

The ex-Norwegian international and the glamour model had a fling in late 2011 that led into early 2012, with Katie aka Jordan writing about their bedroom antics in her book, Reborn. However, she wasn’t too complimentary, with the verdict: “If I’d needed a shelving unit erected, he’d have been perfect.”
“Instead of handling me gently and passionately like most women want, he was like a cordless drill on a multi-speed setting! He reminded me of a red Bosch that I have in my garage,” the scathing model wrote.

“Bang… bang… bang, bang, bang. At one point I panicked, thinking, ‘S***, if he doesn’t stop soon, I’m going to be permanently attached to the bed!’ Mr X wasn’t having sex with me, he was having sex at me.”

7 Likes

Did he have his eyes tightly closed mumbling “Why, oh John why, why…” all the whilst meekly sobbing?

So, Beck was sent off for being bitten?
Talk about adding insult to injury!

1 Like

That’s really too much information, but one wonders why they ended up together. He was never a looker.

1 Like

Some would say, they are both what would be called - ‘Double Baggers’ :0)

1 Like

No… He initially kicked out at one of their players first

1 Like

This Norwegian has ceased to be!

The article might be a grammatical nightmare, but I absolutely believe every word.

2 Likes

https://x.com/LFC/status/1842119970647417192

7 Likes

https://x.com/RedBullSalzburg/status/1842970077106438471

Lijnders’ career at Salzburg will be over before it even began. Disastrous results just keep piling up.

4 Likes

Yeah they made a decent/ok start but this isn’t good enough.

Looks like Bellamy has charmed Allen back into the fold for Wales, with Rambo’s and Ampadu’s injuries.

1 Like

That’s my cue to go and make sure my boots still fit

Call me up, coach

3 Likes

Mind your peas and cues.

I know we should probably focus on the evolution of the team, but on the other, less pragmatic hand, I also now really want to see Bale and Ledley return.

What a time. Terrible song, but what a time.

It’s not that bad a song wasn’t a patch on Alphabeat’s Danish one mind.

1 Like

In slightly different news, that was the first match where Clark and Bajcetic were both on the pitch at the same time.

3 Likes

A massive test for Pep, and it was part of the reason why I never wanted him to replace Klopp. He has to be the main guy making those decisions amidst the pressure. Show the ability to dig deep, motivate the squad, and make the right tactical decisions without Klopp standing behind you. Really hope he turns it around.

2 Likes

Otherwise it will seem he is a good #2, but not a great leader… which isn’t a terrible career if he recognizes and accepts his role.

1 Like

Salzburg have conceded 23 goals in the first 15 games so far this season…

1 Like