Former players and managers - general discussion

That is 1 transfer I have never been able to figure out.

Someone that good, yet the minute he stepped foot in Melwood, somehow magically seemed to forget everyhting he knew about how to play football

3 Likes

Rodgers for some reason thought he was a winger.

1 Like

Shit. I forgot who was our manager at the time.

1 Like

Footage of our first ever goal in Europe :heart_eyes:

https://x.com/LFC/status/1835985800426832363

5 Likes

Gordon Wallace, without looking it up.

3 Likes

I had Sahin’s hair style well according to three lads outside Anfield.

Carroll joins Bordeaux on FOUR-YEAR deal

Bordeaux have announced the signing of former Liverpool, West Ham and Newcastle forward Andy Carroll.

The 35-year-old joins the Championnat National 2 side following their relegation to the fourth tier due to bankruptcy this summer.

Carroll - who earned nine caps for England - has signed a four-year deal with Bordeaux and has the option to take up a coaching role at the club in the future.

3 Likes

4 year deal at Bordeaux. It’s probably a pay as you play thing. Earned enough money probably that he doesn’t need it.

didn’t they lose their professional status not too long ago?

how would that effect their ability to being allowed to pay players?

8 Likes

Only Mo missed him.

1 Like

Miss having someone around to take the piss out of.

Lovren was absolutely dogshit.

2 Likes

These comments come from the same place of misplaced confidence that would see a defender sprint 20 yards out of position to try to win a ball he could never win and think the goal we coneded as a result was someone else’s fault.

1 Like

Andy Carroll: "When I was at Newcastle I would go home, hang out with my mates, play a bit of football and then go out, I would do a bit of everything, but I never watched football on TV. I didn’t know any of the players.

I would wake up on Saturday morning and think, ‘Who are we playing this weekend?’ I was just disinterested in it all, oblivious. I was working in training, and I knew the tactics, but until we had a meeting and I asked someone, I didn’t know who we were going to play.

When I was on the helicopter to sign for Liverpool, I was like, ‘I know Steven Gerrard, I know Carragher, but who else?’

My agent had to give me names, and I had to Google them to find out a bit more about the team. It’s a real story. It’s wrong because they’re still Liverpool players, but it’s not disrespectful. I just didn’t watch football, I didn’t know anything."

2 Likes

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with this mindset, as long as he was 100% professional about it.

The only question is whether he was sufficiently professional, of course. I’m not sure he was, but given how young he was, that could be quite understandable. Not many people want to forgo the fun of their 20s for the discipline of being an elite athlete.

3 Likes

Once an imbecil, always an imbecil.

:joy: :man_facepalming:t2:

My friend has a great saying which is appropriate for this:

“Where did you get your confidence from?”

2 Likes

In other news on that game, former Liverpool player Liam Millar got an assist coming on as a substitute.

3 Likes

I thought I recognised the name.