Former players and managers - general discussion

And not congratulating klopp on his success at Liverpool points to a fall out between the pair.

8 Likes

Nice touch from Alisson this. The photo is taken from Clem’s return to Anfield after he left to join Spurs. It was the day we won the title in 82. This was exactly the view I had of him running to the Kop at the start of the second half. Getting shivers now just thinking about it. A truly great keeper and all round nice guy. Hope he pulls through.

13 Likes
4 Likes

Robbie Fowler has taken a new managerial role with Indian Super League side SC East Bengal, three months after leaving Australian side Brisbane Roar.

Not sure if it’s going to take him anywhere.

3 Likes
5 Likes
1 Like

Haha

3 Likes
1 Like

Good luck.

6 Likes
2 Likes

What a cunt. He should be banned for some time.

who was released by Morecambe in the summer

LOL, what a talent :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Shocking, albeit not surprising. I bet that these kinds of things happen more often than we’d like, also at a higher level.

What comes more as a surprise for me is how he comes out with this in public, and shows no remorse at all. This guy would do the same all over again. He must be incredibly thick I guess.

1 Like

:rofl:
Herbie Kane joins Barnsley
4 Likes

Of course it does. This is literally the most competitive industry in the world, with the majority of people competing being emotionally undeveloped teens or young adults.

It is also true that the line between this and general competitiveness is a fuzzy one. What is novel about this case is less what he did, but the conscious clarity of thought he had in doing so. For many players, if they ever find they crossed that line it something they might not clarity on until after, sometimes years after. But very few people I know with a story like that have much if any regret about it, because that is just what happens when you are competing in an arena when your body is the tool you are using.

1 Like

Talking about deliberately targeting a team mate, my cousin tells this story about training at Everton. I think Gravesen had just been signed and was making some pretty hefty challenges in training that Gascoigne, in particular, wasn’t happy about. Duncan Ferguson told them not to worry, he’d sort it. Next training session Ferguson absolutely smashes Gravesen into the air. Problem solved. :rofl:

2 Likes

Brewitt is currently without a club after leaving Morecambe this summer, and is coaching at Liverpool’s academy.

If true he is extremely stupid.