Former players and managers - general discussion

Didn’t know Albie picked up an ACL injury. Have a quick recovery! :pray:

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2022/03/liverpool-trio-send-alberto-moreno-support-after-worst-possible-injury/

5 Likes
2 Likes

And the weirdly that will remain the case I expect

1 Like

I hate Wee Joe being used as the but of jokes :cry:

3 Likes

Butt*

Sorry

See, that’s how much it upsets me. It all fucks up my grammar like.

1 Like
7 Likes

It upsets you so much that you confuse grammar and spelling.
Steady on now!

Spare a thought for Lallana - a player so blessed with technical ability and with exemplary work rate, not to mention the strength of character and overall likeability, should not have been confined to fringes of football history. I genuinely think that had he been consistently fit throughout Klopp’s tenure, his starting XI would have been Lallana + ten other players.

6 Likes

When I watched Ads played when the Boss first joined LFC, Ads appeared to be the 1st player understood the Boss’s pressing game. No wonder why the Boss held Ads in such high regards.

7 Likes

Klopp’s first game, he f*cked off Coutinho to the left side and put Lallana in that single #10 spot.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah if his body had allowed I have no doubt he would have been a vital part of Klopp’s teams.

I was genuinely quite upset when he went off injured yesterday and I got the impression our players were too. Injuries are a cruel side of the sport.

2 Likes

gary coleman wtf GIF

22 goals so far for Solanke.

I wonder if Championship is just his level, or if he can continue that form in the Premiership if they gain promotion this season.

3 Likes

We should find out next season :thinking:

Ivan Toney scored 31 in 45 games for Brentford in the Championship last season and has 11 in 24 in the Premier League so far this season - by seasons end, I could see him scoring 16-17 for the season.

My gut feeling is Solanke would maybe be 10-15 goal a season striker in the Premier League, although in another few years he might be at Toney’s level, but I don’t see him ever scoring +20 goals

1 Like

I didn’t mean I expect him to be fighting the golden boot next year, but in his previous stint in the Prem he scored 1 in 27 games for us and 4 in 46 Bournemouth.

I’m wondering if it’s just his age/development making a difference, or sometimes players just can’t that step up.

1 Like

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/60794169?at_medium=custom7&at_custom3=Match+of+the+Day&at_custom1=[post+type]&at_custom2=facebook_page&at_custom4=FBD301E8-A765-11EC-A8AE-600E3A982C1E&at_campaign=64&fbclid=IwAR3BsZE8ViDbkvtGaVSEgVc9MNZBQBdlhiWLn5Fw5f25UOMzCo8C0sbiFY8

2 Likes

Good luck to him. :nerd_face: