Former players and managers - general discussion

Masters football returns soon. Heres our squad. Cant wait for Carra to two foot someone.

Westerveld looks nothing like I remember

1 Like

Shouldnā€™t Warnock and Downing be on the left? :thinking:

1 Like

FIFY

5 Likes

But Downing cut in from the right! On his debut! He hit the bar! It all could have been so different!

He kicked a ball into a wheelie bin once, you know.

Ojoā€™s farewell messageā€¦

11 Likes

Yeah, remember that shot.

Kenny/Comolli did my head in with that transfer.

Downing actually played more off the right the previous season for Villa, not really playing direct as a dangerous winger, but more like an additional midfielder on the side, more combining rather than going 1v1.

We stuck Downing on the left for all of that season and played Hendo on the right. It immediately looked to me like Kenny was trying a two bad copies of his 87/88 combination of Barnes on the left and a non-winger but a player with energy on the right like Houghton.

The best Downing played for us was in his last 6 months or so under Rodgers, season 12/13, on the right of a 4-3-3, scored and created a few goals, played with a bit more confidence (he really needs it). We were close to top 4.

But never saw an attacking player with so little imagination and confidence. It was like he was afraid of his own shadow. And we were crying out for a dangerous wide man since I donā€™t know, the days of McManaman or when Berger was still fit.

1 Like

:rofl: After 20+ years it is still the Americanism that gives me the most bother. It even beats out Buglarized.

3 Likes

Garcia really hƔs aged well compared to the rest :rofl:

1 Like
2 Likes

7 a side masters? WTF?

1 Like
1 Like

It will be good to see what Taiwo can do in the Premier league. Itā€™s a shame we could never get a permit for him. He has done well in Germany, and the vibe from the club was always a positive one and that they had high hopes for him.

3 Likes

Whereā€™s the Awoniyi money John?

We managed to get one for him last summer I think? I remember he finally managed to get oneā€¦ And then we sold him.

1 Like

Also, the fee itself will go towards the GBE requirements for a work permit.

Yeah we got a work permit the summer he came on pre season in Austria with us.