FSG put Liverpool up for sale

I spoke too loosely perhaps. With some people it didn’t backfire, and that they read it as FSG has always been open to outside investment.

But with many others, it has only served as the fuel for more discussion, since it is a statement that could well confirm many biases.

All the little twitter dweebs spaffing over “Arab money” are infuriating today.

1 Like

They don’t say the club is not for sale or that they will remain principle stake holders…

I think that a common consensus amongst 99.9% of people is that everything has a price

4 Likes

Personal hunch I think they are partly looking to sell some of the club, minority or majority but remain somewhat with a stake.

That’s what I get from it all. To me I wouldn’t be too bothered if that was the case if it arrives with investment.

We desperately need the latter mind, I was looking at the transfers we were making in the mid part of the last decade, it’s just not possible to make those anymore.

Let’s face it in 2015 two good strikers would have cost what Nunez costs now.

So investment without turmoil would be the hope and I assume there are people JWH would work with on this.

But let’s see, my focus is on the pitch so I want to see a fresh face at least in January.

1 Like

Headline brings a smile on his face. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

And yet some would disagree. But only on principle, not when somebody offers them £200b to sleep with Trump.

FSG will make a significant profit on their investment, but Liverpool’s valuation is less than the price Roman Abramovich sold Chelsea for earlier this year. (Star)

British billionaire Sir Jim Ratcliffe is among those who could purchase Liverpool . (Liverpool Echo)

1 Like

FSG is never going to own the club in perpetuity so of course they will never deny at any one time that the club is not for sale whether in part or in whole. But they probably feel the need to address it especially if there are rumours that might affect current negotiations. My guess is that there are current discussions going again on diluting some shareholdings for investments and if you are an investor looking to buy say 10% of FSG at a high valuation, you would be damn concerned if FSG is going to sell off Liverpool 100%. So probably that is why they need to address it.

1 Like

Key is it sounds club focused where any previous investment was into FSG.

It’s why I wouldn’t write Red Bird off taking some part ownership in it.

A mechanism in which to compete is the way I see it and the club is about to have some partial new ownership it at the very least.

1 Like

It’s obvious that with our recent record of being runners up to the likes of Man C and Real M, the emergence of Newcastle etc, and our being pipped to targets due to our inability to match our rivals’ spending, that something has to change, and it seems that FSG realise this and are acting.
As long as the new investors aren’t problematic, it’s the correct course of action.

3 Likes

talk is fsg want to buy an NBA team as the NBA is expanding.

maybe they need\want to sell lfc to fund it?

1 Like

If it happens, can it not be an American who wants All Star games?

Thread closed for the time being, at least as the news of a sale isn’t officially confirmed. We can use the fsg thread for discussion about the latest developments.

1 Like