General world politics chat

RSF (Reporters Sans Frontières) issued its ranking of countries in 2022 regarding freedom of press. Once again, we can look up to the Scandinavian countries, who come out on top, alongside Estonia. Hats off to them.

Look up where your country finds itself. Some so-called democratic countries should have a word with themselves.

5 Likes

Bangladesh 162/180 :laughing:

However, this is a country where journalists/media are more than willing to tag along money and power. Most of the major media outlets are either owned by business conglomerates or political bigwigs. :sob:

1 Like

Thought India would rank much lower. Freedom of press is a very concerning issue for India and has come under increasing pressure.

But whats more concerning is the tendency of most indians to not even be ready to hear critcism of modi.

2 Likes

Singapore 139th. Hurray we improved!

meh office GIF

1 Like

Interesting to see Canada dropped 5 spots in a year, and the major movement was in social acceptance, with the main issue cited being the behaviour of those convoy jackasses toward the press.

3 Likes

Yeah, pretty much the same for Germany. Attacks from anti-vaxx/conspiracy/right-wing fools is the main issue, as opposed to eg. governmental pressure. Not surprising tbh.

3 Likes

Hmm Britain " currently in prison. 0"…Julian Assange says hi.

2 Likes

Latest Global Soft Power Index

The Philippines is a country with Stockholm syndrome

1 Like

Cunt is blackmailing again and winks at Putin. Keep sucking him off Biden and US.

1 Like

Ah yes, the terrorism hotspot of Scandinavia.

3 Likes

A head of state of a country practicing terrorism against a part of its own population, accuses countries giving shelter to these oppressed people to host terrorist organizations…

These dictators who disguise themselves as pseudo-‘presidents’ really don’t know any shame, do they? This guy is every bit as bad as Putin in my book.

5 Likes

I find flowers and chocolates work best

That particular country is still a part of NATO though.

Is it a rule for NATO that all constituent members approve for any new additions.

Turkey with Erdogan is playing a rather dangerous game. Or maybe Erdogan figures that Russia will capture Odessa at some point or the other and its in Turkey and their self interest to ensure that the trade flows along the inland sea.

If Russia does capture Odessa , most if not all ports are either under Russian control or under Turkish

I’ve given up trying to follow what that unprincipled (not the only one very unfortuneately would take all day to list all those that fall under that bracket) nutcase. Yes he is playing a dangerous game and I think he thinks he has some trump cards. Since Turkey has been refused access to the EU he has become more and more unstable and plays games between EU and Russia.
I am sure he, at the moment, would prefer Odessa under Russian control than Ukrainian controll in the EU.
There’s some real big nincompoops in the EU though at least one has gone. There’s still some real big colonial hang ups and childish simplifications of history and geography and even ethnicities in Europe which makes progress very difficult and I think these concepts have pushed other nations to being as stupid and simplistic rather than using some intelligence and thought. Which of course has lead to the situations we find ourselves in.
We, europe, see Turkey as the problem but it’s actually all of us we’re all arseholes! :cry:

4 Likes