General world politics chat

EU collapses as such if German Economy Collapses. That’s the country which is propping up the others (especially more so after Brexit)

Again on this. Is it Aid with strings attached or aid without those strings. Is the said aid contingent on India purchasing or using contractors appointed by Europe. There have been so many instances (In Afghanistan for example) , when the so called American Aid was actually funneled to further provide money to American contractors. Tell me how does that count as Aid ?

I’d really want a number to the billions of aid supplied by Europe and correlate it to the %age of India’s GDP

1 Like

There is no such thing as a free meal. Everything has a cost (unfortunately).

Like i said , It’s not “aid” if it comes with strings attached.

you can’t have one without the other. that’s just a fact nowadays. Only us commoners give freely. the government always has a tax.

Point I’m making is that it isn’t benevolence

I dunno, theres billions of dollars in aid being floated around every year. it’s a tit-for-tat thing though right? scratching backs and all that where the air in thin at the top of the ladder

I worked for a company where there was a joint bid with Hitachi for a Toll Management Systems for a major road project way back in 2009. This was part of the development fund allocated by the Japanese government to development in India. However, to be eligible for those funds , The money allocated is to be given to Japanese companies to provide employment etc for their employees and subcontractors.

Job generation doesn’t equate to aid. That’s what “foriegn aid” right now has become. Even India does that with other countries , so it’s not exclusive to rich countries alone.

1 Like

The full interview.

4 Likes

at the end of the day though, the project still gets built and paid by the Japanese so it’s better than a kick in the pants?

i’m sure there’s some domestic workforce employed in place

It’s a BOOT project ( Build Own Operate Transfer) for a period of 15 years. So needless to say , There is going to be money made by the Japanese over the duration of the entire project as well.

I do agree that India gets the benefit after the period of 15 years is over. But that brings across the point on whether that technology stays in relevence then.

and it begins…how long until China invades Taiwan, following Putin’s lead?

1 Like

Like i mentioned before , china wont take the step just yet. Not when theyve got 5 opponents on their border.

Ukraine is isolated to a large extent , thats a different topic and i can clarify thst later.

But for China to mobilize and start any actions on ukraine would possibly mean pressure from QUAD. I recognize that people feel that quad is not the asian NATO. All said , even looking at the border conflict from india and china , doesnt seem that chinese troops are war hardened.

Also the russian misadventure is just that , a grave misadventure. They will end up gaining land in ukraine and probably be a net gain victor… But doesnt stop it being a misadventure.

Taiwan is also super important strategically with its microchip industry. Sure this can be done elsewhere, but it would take 5-10 years to build up in, for instance, the USA even with all the necessary capital and expertise.

But Nupes have galvanised voters with a promise to fight spiralling prices, bring down the retirement age and tackle climate change.

Magic Money Tree GIF by STARCUTOUTSUK

If it’s anything like the Conservative one…

1 Like

I can’t see USA standing by letting them do anything! :cry: