General world politics chat

Key takeaways being fertilizers supply and the foriegn minister of india visiting Moscow.

The independent foriegn policy of india has been there regardless of who is in charge , the vote seeking guy we see now or the people before.

Two cunts together.

5 Likes

Cc Good News Thread

7 Likes

Is he really good though? His sentence was annulled not because he was exactly innocent but because of a judiciary lapse I read? So while Jair Bollocks was not exactly the symbol of a great leader, would a leader with the cloud of corruption at the highest level be? The votes seem to suggest that this country is as divided. And my personal belief is that all politicians are corrupt in some ways or another, but if they can bring basic stability, good jobs, Healthcare and housing, I think that the leader would have done good for his people at least. Hope Lula can bring stability and solidarity to a country that is as colorful as its politics.

1 Like

He did do those things in his first term, but, in the process, upset powerful entrenched interests, which is always the way. That’s why he was stitched up.
Literally anything is better than Bolsonaro.

5 Likes

Brilliant news! It reinforces hopes that some common sense can be brought back, especially regarding the most important topic of all, the protection of what is left of the Amazon forests. It’s good news for democracy as well.

It also reinforces the group of non-aligned countries. The US won’t take it too kindly that the five strongest South-American economies are now all ruled by center-left governments, albeit moderate ones.

But as has been said above, anything is better than this horrible fascist, who btw is still to recognize his defeat, the cunt. Hopefully he’ll accept it and not stir more trouble yet.

10 Likes

All these governments are handcuffed with myriad of domestic issues. And the Leftists have an unenviable attitude of shooting themselves in the feet.

On topic, good riddance.

I don’t know the ins and outs of it , but the judge who convicted him was found not to be impartial both by the SC in Brazil and by an investigating HRC at the UN.

I do know that he has to be better than that twat Bolsonaro.

I wonder also now if Bolsonaro will be investigated ? There have been myriad accusations against him and his family from his time in office and plenty de facto evidence to support it.

Maybe Lula would be better advised just to let it lie and get on with governing.

(As of yet , midday , Bolsonaro still hasn’t conceded.)

2 Likes

I think you meant biased? Impartial implies that he had no bias, which is probably not the case

Yeah , I did. I’ll change it. Cheers !

Trumpists aside, I think the prevailing feelings in Washington right now are delight to see the back of Bolsonaro, and nervousness about the next week or so, and whether that is what we are about to see.

4 Likes

I think if he can build a bit more consensus about his his decision taking. He will be very effective. Anyone is better than Bolsonaro though

1 Like
2 Likes

Interesting article on the elections in Brazil, with Lula just about winning and Trump of Brazil losing, but won’t accept it. Sanity prevails and we hope that the ‘Lungs of the Planet’ will be saved.

3 Likes

Illegal rave parties cannot be ignored, that must be said and policing such cannot be put aside just because it’s a lesser evil.

But the context here more worrying is not a which gathering the authorities decided to shut down. It’s more worrying if the ruling party’s apparent distancing from neo fascists factions are only for show. Because such dangerous sentiment will only grow if the authorities don’t clamp down on such overt displays of extreme ideologies and throw some of them in prison.

1 Like

Good news for democracy if true. Continues to amaze how closely split politics are in so many places. Brexit vote. U.S. 2020 vote. Israel perma-election, Brazil. Lesson may be 50/50 is inherently unstable.

3 Likes

:man_facepalming:

Yeah, that has been on my mind since some time too. Polarization grows everywhere in democratic countries, and it always seems to reach a stabilizing point at 50-50. Why?

1 Like
2 Likes

This is being widely misreported and misrepresented.

Bilongo was talking about a migrant boat that had got into difficulties. Grégoire de Fournas shouted out that they should return to Africa then.

This was ‘misheard’ by another MP and immediately seized upon by both Melenchon and Darmanin (the guy who lied about our fans in Paris) for obvious political advantage.

3 Likes