General world politics chat

Remember the Arab spring

1 Like

I think this guy is probably the only politician having a worse week than the PM and chancellor!

2 Likes

Why do Russian officials always look so happy? (all expect Gorbachev of course).

6vcehu

Dick supports dick.

Over It Reaction GIF

4 Likes

Don’t think he is alone in this. :confounded:

If I recall correctly, Alisson is a fervent supporter too.

46 girls, women among 53 killed in Kabul suicide bombing

Source : “India Today” via Dailyhunt

The countries supporting Afghan relief efforts are stuck in a hard place now… Namely India , are they in a position to demand safety for women etc etc as a condition to supply aid ?

Wasn’t there another bombing a few days ago, where a (mainly) girls tuition class was similarly targeted? There seems to a systemic targeting of girls being educated…

This can only lead to the Taliban further restricting women movement and freedom citing safety etc.

Win, win for them.

If the UN and more specifically the UNSC weren’t comprised of self serving pieces of shit , they would have enforced a UN Peacekeeping force in Afghanistan when USA was planning to withdraw.

1 Like

This always gets me. So much effort is put into complaining and discussing equality of women rights in for example USA. A whole bunch of privileged people lecturing about how unfair life is for the collective them, and all the while shutting the fuck up when women in certain parts of the world are 99.9% worse. Exchange woman’s rights for trans rights, gay rights, environmental issues, police brutality, etc. I don’t think there are any (women/gay/trans) persons in a “western” country that would want to live in such extreme conditions.

1 Like

Yeah, cause the UN have always been such a fantastic body for peacekeeping whenever they’ve gone somewhere

1 Like

They’ve had their failures. But a PKF is seen less as a regime and hence , is less likely to fail.

Agree however a lot of countries and their troops have shown fantastic bravery for that organiseation. We mustn’t be seen not to appreciate the sacrifices made under often horrific remits (remits? is that the correct word?).

1 Like

India burnt themselves bigtime trying to do a PKF in srilanka and they will not( needless to say cannot ) attempt anything similar.

The invitation for UNPKF had to come from the govt prior to the Taliban takeover. The leadership failed there massively.

Any action by the UN now will be construed as an invasion. The rest of the world had their chance to intervene and they blew it bigtime.

Another proof of how detestable these middle east rulers are.

3 Likes