General world politics chat

And not all Sikhs who’ve immigrated support Khalistan.

For me , I think this incident was something waiting to happen. Ever since

Quite a lot of the perpetrators of this were allowed to go Scot free.

Sikhs are known for their peaceful nature almost world wide… Except the elements in Vancouver.

This was said to me by a Sikh friend btw.

Government of the day really screwed up how it handled that, very leery of being accused of racism and alienating an entire community. Plus the RCMP has been useless at investigating ethnic communities. But that incident should have been a Rubicon after which the Sikh political community should have been under a decade of close scrutiny.

If the Indian govt has not ordered the attack , Trudeau runs the risk of making himself look like a vote pandering politician. Would he be so desperate for political survival ?

He would be that desperate, but I don’t think it is particularly useful to him politically. It benefits the NDP (Sikh leader gets attention) and it potentially benefits the Conservatives by making him look weak. You can see that in the current crossparty consensus. He has far more to lose than gain in this politically, so whatever the truth of it is, I take the accusation at face value.

Notably, the US and the UK had already been briefed.

1 Like

The Indian govt has denied the charges. I don’t trust the modi govt one bit but India historically doesn’t have a history of these actions.

Trudeau has done his blunders as well but Let’s see if there’s more to come from this before there’s a conclusion to be drawn.

People have been known to do irrational things out of desperation but in this case , I do believe he thinks there is substance.

It is pretty clear in Ottawa that there is some substance to it - that is not to say it is correct, but the three opposition party leaders have been briefed by intelligence services. Most of the questions are whether or not the involvement was by rogue actors, or this was an act of the Indian state.

Will be very hard to prove that this is done by Indian Govt. Unless the evidence is overwhelmingly the case.

Very much so, though it sounds like it is not going to be difficult to prove contact between the expelled diplomat and the suspects in the murder.

The suspicion is that the purpose of the ‘possible links being explored’ announcement was to give India an opportunity to de-escalate by pointing to rogue actors within the state, but the Indian response has been to double down. The suggestion that it was motivated by domestic political gain is being treated here as simply laughable at best (this is damned awkward for the Liberals), and a tacit admission that they have no robust defence at worst.

Similarly the denouncement of Canada interfering with Indian internal matters, when the action is in question happened on Canadian soil to a man holding Canadian citizenship (granted, a dual). The expulsion of the Canadian diplomat was the expected tit-for-tat, but it is striking that the Indian position boils down to ‘we didn’t do it, but he deserved it anyway’

He came on a fake identity to Canada. India doesn’t have dual citizenship though. Once you get a citizenship of another country, you lose the right to be an Indian citizen.

But the point still remains that , Canada has sheltered wanted persons who are wanted for terrorist charges on other countries. In the sense that they have used Canada’s land for abetting terrorist activities on foreign soil. That remains India’s position.

India doesn’t really mind if the rhetoric against India from the khalistani expats is just harmless rhetoric. But when funds are funneled through, connections with the Pakistani ISI service has been shown. Then it becomes a different thing.

This is a poor show from both countries imo. India for ordering the hit deserves condemnation (if proven true) but Canada’s policy needs to have questions asked as well.

Something that we discussed earlier w.r.t immigration.

Yeah, hence my comment about closing the door.

Sure, then file extradition proceedings, provide reasonable evidence of an extraditable crime, and on we go. Canada got into a diplomatic spat with China over our willingness to apply the rule of law to extradition proceedings, thanks to a damned awkward (and deeply cynical as it turned out) US extradition request. An Indian request would have been taken seriously. He was detained and questioned in 2018, in expectation of such a request and Interpol charges. Neither of those have ever happened. Asking why that was the case would indeed have been interfering in India’s internal affairs…until now.

be curious to know why his wife left him. other than, he’s a self-centered egotistical cunt who should have never been allowed to call an election during Covid.

I don’t know how the prick managed to maintain his office after the We Charity scandal.

In general, they need to close the doors for a bit. they’re letting in more people than there are houses to home them all and are completely fucking the cost of living here on the West Coast.

very few immigrants from the Asian continent will leave Vancouver because of the much colder climate anywhere east of here.

There have been rumours of affairs (by both) around Ottawa for years now, before the pandemic. They are well-matched, she is a raging narcissist herself. Apparently, they have not been living together for over two years.

Canada has had a spectacular ability to ignore his real behaviour for years, all the way back to his time at McGill.

and lock it afterwards