General world politics chat

Is the Pope a Catholic?

Isnt the large part of their military gear Russian, they fly Sukhoi and Mig?

Crucially tho, is their regard to the West less so now than it has been? Or is it unchanged?

What Im driving at, is where do you think India would look to support if it got into war with China?

Arguably, but he might be Rosicrucian on the side.

So this was the Chinese then?

I don’t think India would expect support from any nations. Neither should they.

The quid pro quo approach rarely ever works out.

1 Like

It’s clear that the charges were trumped up. It’s hard to imagine anything happening in that country without a nod from Beijing.

1 Like

Aung San Suu Kyi’s attitude towards the Rohingyas was deplorable. doesn’t mean the charges weren’t trumped up.

2 Likes

Well they might need parts for the airforce.

They probably will.

There’s been legal technology transfer happening in that regard.

I’m not implying dependency but cooperation. It would be hard to face China alone.

I don’t think there will be open warfare between the two countries.

China realises that it needs a market to sell. And India’s one of the largest around.

It’s just China trying to fuck around with land that they don’t even need. Compared to the vast swathes of land that they have which they don’t use at all.

1 Like

Strategic insecurity then, we can see it in numerous indo-pacific locations from China.

1 Like

India’s attitude to this has always been clear. Apart from the regrettable recent khalistani incidents.

Let us do what we want/need to do.

But by and large. Countries have tried and failed meddling in India and its politics before. Even countries like USSR/Russia which were/are friendly with India. Or countries like USA and China

And even those khalistani related incidents wouldn’t have been an issue if Canada had clamped down on those like 30 odd years back.

But hey it’s not India’s problem anymore.

1 Like

Wide Awake Media on X: "Head of the European Central Bank, Christine Lagarde: “Climate change” requires a complete overhaul of the entire economy and financial system, in line with the “green transition”—including the need to “reduce our carbon footprint in everything we do, from banknotes to how we https://t.co/GfesihLazu” / X

Are they trying to dictate to the 2nd world and 3rd world countries after effectively offsetting their carbon footprints ?

There’s an immense amount of wilful neglectfulness amongst western leaders. Especially when they believe they are still worthy of pushing diktats through.

Well I didn’t read that in it but can see this aspect. Any event to me now is multi-polar, its informed by several outcomes. I took the main communication as get ready for digital ID, and currency to go with.

Climate change is going to fuck the world economy. Poor countries will suffer most, because that’s what always happens, but squabbling and finger pointing will certainly not help.

Over the last decade we’ve also seen advances in green energy technology that now largely allows us to decouple carbon footprint from economic output

1 Like

Green energy tech needs to be globally distributed in a super Marshall Plan type way.
Of course there’s no appetite for that, but maybe when New York goes under, or Beijing burns, minds might be focussed. Probably too late by then.

1 Like