Georginio WIJNALDUM: 2020/21

Better put @Flobs under constant surveillance.

5 Likes

I have decided to ignore such wicked rumors.

6 Likes

Don’t give us hope, if you are going to take that away afterwards. It’s cold, it’s mean, it’s cruel.

1 Like

I’m on the hopeful side of this too! I want Gini to stay. Thiago can push more forward like he was against Leipzig. It gives The Boss several options. If funds are indeed limited I don’t want to have to buy another midfield to replace Gini in addition to having to buy a forward and center half.

Focus those funds on a quality CF and CB.

2 Likes

Gini leaving without us recouping some form of fee but still needing to recruit to replace him was always the worst outcome. If he does extend great but I’ve heard just as much that the new Barca President is backing Koeman and the move there is all but agreed. Will have to wait and see.

2 Likes

Fixed it for you!

2 Likes

I read that too over the weekend then a few hours later read that Barca ended their interest. So I have no idea what to make of it all.

3 Likes

Probably none of the people writing the stories and spreading the rumours do either!

5 Likes

We shall see eh? Weirdly he’s followed by Liverpool’s main Twitter!

3 Likes

I kind of felt he’d be sorry to leave but who knows what his reasons for not signing (so far at least) are. If he stays, returns to form along with the rest of the team, some funds could be freed up by selling AOC. If he goes, well… Best of luck to him, he’s played out of his skin for Liverpool, even if he wasn’t always at his best. Two mediocre seasons and three top quality ones for me.

6 Likes

His performances at the moment don’t really deserve one, saying that he must be on fumes as he is the only guy bar Robertson (who also looks spent) that hasn’t had a break.

When he returns hopefully Klopp feels he can rotate with Jones (and maybe Keita if he stays fit). Shame he can’t have this period of days off as he really needs it.

6 Likes

Looked like he had a hot potato at his feet when around the box yesterday, after a while of playing as the #6.

:joy:

2 Likes

He looked knackered in last few games. Fucking hell now he has to play for national team. Gibraltar, FFS. That guy needs a rest.

3 Likes

Play him against Turkey, by all means, but if they can’t beat Latvia and Gibraltar without Gini then the Netherlands have got some serious problems.

5 Likes

From what I have noticed in last couple of years, the NT managers have this weird obsession to field their strongest team against whatever opponents.

How they hope to groom new talents if they keep playing the senior players even against fringe teams.

3 Likes

Worst thing is they will be 4 up against Gilbrator and he will still play the full 90

2 Likes

He’ll also score a brace, and then next week Sky Sports will reel out the classic

Gini rarely scores for Liverpool but is always doing so for the Netherlands…barca barca barca blah blah blah

4 Likes
2 Likes

The champagne corks will be a-popping chez @Flobs ! :champagne:

4 Likes

At least he’s going to play in Champions League next season.

3 Likes