Georginio WIJNALDUM: 2020/21

Shall we steady on a bit? The lad is having to play DM at the minute, a role that is new to him. And he is clearly fucking knackered.

2 Likes

Heā€™s played DM loads over the years.

2 Likes

He played CB ones a few years back and he told afterwards that he hated it and he hopes he never has to do it again.

Nothing in the Dutch media about it.

1 Like

Thought he was solid. Iā€™m known not to be a big Gini fan, but I canā€™t critcize him much this season. Like I couldnā€™t say a bad word about Emreā€™s (of course, wasnā€™t as important as Gini) final season with us in the same contractual situation. Think the love of vast majority of fans surpasses his realistic quality, thatā€™s true yeah. Heā€™s keeping his mouth shut more or less and doing his job the best he can in my book.

3 Likes

This is not a jab at Wijnaldum. He has been a indomitable soldier and I will forever adore and respect him. Last few games Wijnaldum has been showing not just physical exhaustion but also mental disenchantment.

6 Likes

Gini Wijnaldum on walking away from @LFC this summer:

ā€œIā€™d be devastated not to play with this team again.ā€ :red_circle:

2 Likes

Then just sign the contract Gini.

1 Like

Heā€™s been devastated for the last couple of months then.

6 Likes

Heā€™s so devastated but he doesnā€™t want to. He wants to move on, always has. But doesnā€™t want to be seen as a bad guy either. The PR game has been on fleek!

6 Likes

He will need to be replaced, obviously, but Iā€™m not really arsed anymore if he goes to be honest.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s the problem though. Heā€™ll leave on a free transfer, the club wonā€™t receive anything and we have to find the cash to replace a player, who never gets injured. From what Iā€™ve read on here, the money might not be available, due to the damage caused to finances by the the pandemic.

4 Likes

He can be both devastated when/if he leaves the club heā€™s been at for a good few years, won some nice trophies and created bondsā€¦ and also be undecisive or wanting to make a new step. Nothing wrong to me.

7 Likes

From todayā€™s BBC gossip column:

Barcelona have offered a contract to 30-year-old Netherlands midfielder Georginio Wijnaldum, who is expected to leave Liverpool on a free transfer when his contract expires at the end of the season. (Football Insider)

I assume it includes licking Messiā€™s boots clean once a weekā€¦

4 Likes

I hope he stays.

But a midfield of Fab/Hendo/Thiago is pretty damn mouth-watering.

2 Likes

Doubt Messi will be there next year.

1 Like

I wish him well but Iā€™m afraid that he will be finished after this season where Klopp fielded hem every match, there will be some qualifying internationals and the EC tournament.

Would not be surprised if he is injured most of the time next season where he becomes 31 in November.

1 Like

Rumoured today, Barcelona interested in recruiting Julian Nagelsmannā€¦!
A further blow to Koeman thenā€¦
after recently losing the ā€˜Biggest Head of all Timeā€™ final to Hippopotamus Head at WBA.!

3 Likes

Surprised Koeman has lasted this long.

3 Likes

Barcelona can only afford Messiā€™s old boots.

1 Like

Not good news for some, but itā€™s widely making the rounds today on the socials that Gini and LFC are closing in on a contract renewal.

Stay tuned.

8 Likes