Georginio WIJNALDUM: 2020/21

Definitely has the sound of this being his last season with us.

1 Like

FFSā€¦ this made me sad

2 Likes

Koeman will be gone before Giniā€™s contract expires.

5 Likes

Barcaā€™s current decision makers upstairs will be gone by then, let alone Koeman, who probably doesnā€™t have much power anyway. Weā€™ll see what happens. Maybe a few options are still open.

2 Likes

I think we all know that ā€œJuventusā€ is the correct answer here!

6 Likes

So true :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I feel Bayern might pounce on him as well. :triumph:

1 Like

Frustrating to watch last night, not aggressive enough, slow on the ball. The Gini I canā€™t watch! When we flip to 4-2-3-1, we really need both central midfielders to be on point or at least at a certain level. At multiple times throughout the game, we let the game become too wild, which suited Sheffield.

6 Likes

Agreed Zoran I was disappointed in Gini and thought heā€™d be first hooked. His shooting is surprisingly poor for a player with his technical ability and scoring rate (with Holland anyway) - itā€™s almost like he prefers to pass it into the net. Canā€™t fault his fitness - probably looked better at 90mins than earlier but he really was in the wrong place for the pass or misplaced his pass far too much. Combined with his coming together with Sheff player over the throw in (was physically restrained and pushed away by Klopp) I have to wonder if his struggles are/were mental. He seemed bad angry - maybe Virgā€™s injury and aftermath has hit him extra hard? I think his contract situation may not be helping either. Hopefully he puts it behind him soon and we get some vintage Gini to remember his final season with us in style and silverware.

Freeventus, then Sellventus.

1 Like

Donā€™t forget Ref influventus (perhaps sounds a bit too like a vaccine)

1 Like

Was so happy that this guy stayed for the season and after 11 games in all competitions itā€™s clear - man would we be fucked without him.

Ox injury prone!

Keita injury prone?!?!

Thiago - even before Corona and Richarlison Iā€™m was expecting him to miss many games for us.

Milner starting to age and had some small injuries here and there since the start of last season.

Hendo also has 3-4 injuries over the course of each season. Thank god it seems that he is over those long term problems.

Fabinho needed at the back.

Jones still young and not ready to be a starter.

1 Like

Think if weā€™d sold Wijnaldum weā€™d have either bought a CB and/or not let Grujic go on loan but yes he was always an important member of the squad and would remain so whilst here regardless of the contract situation.

1 Like
2 Likes

Who left a WH player free in the box? (twice but only once led to a goal).

1 Like

So I was not the only one who noticed that Wijnaldum was marking air in stead off marking Fornals.

BTW 97% Pass accuracy yes when you pass the ball back or sideways 95% of the time.

Needless to say, I was not that impressed with him as TTT.

2 Likes

He pissed me off against midgetland team. Started brightly but after his 2nd or 3rd physical contest just dissappeared.
He often trots about in space or 2 meters behind their most dangerous player off the ball and never shows any urgency. He knows what heā€™s doing (itā€™s called deception in my book).
Like tonight the chances he had of playing a vertical ball but turns and plays backwards itā€™s too easy for a player with his technical ability.
I understand he is a player that likes space but even if he gets the ball in space he never accelerates the game he always slows it down. He doesnā€™t even see whatā€™s infront of him. Like when we are on a break Hendo sees Wijnaldum with the space and angles infront of him so gives him the ball just for him to turn and pass backward (where all the WH players are) what a waste of our forwards energy. Fucking useless.

He wasnā€™t useless at all.

Started poorly again but he grew into the game. By the end it was a good performance from Gini and he was looking like the player weā€™ve seen previously.

2 Likes

Gini was part of the built up that led to Diogoā€™s winning goal.

That was Hendo, The Cube Diogo. Watch it again.

Gini and Firmino where the most frustrating players in our starting line up. Even my French commentators commentated on it!