Georginio WIJNALDUM: 2020/21

It was Mane drawing 3 Hammers, Gini was first to the stationary ball outside of the box, glide it across to TAA. TAA dropped it back to Hendo, seeing that Shaq had space, he passed it to him, and then, what a nutmeg from Shag for Diogo’s goal.

Your going too far back! :rofl:
The Cube turned to Hendo after Diogo slotted it in that was the important step. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

:joy: That’s why I mentioned that Gini was part of the build-up. I did not say he assisted. Haahaa.

No relevance. Hendo didn’t assist either.
Who took the kick off?

To me, if Gini was not first to the ball, that’s it, not even a chance to build up to the winning goal.

After reading so many negative comments in the pre and post match thread, I re-watched the match with a little bit more focus on Gini. I do agree with some of the sideway passing that killed some of the momentum. However, he was not the only one wearing red today backward or sideway pass. Gini was there when called upon to win the ball, or carried the ball forward out of our own half.

It was after the re-watch I realised that Gini actually did OK in the match. It was not earth shattering by any means, but he did his job well enough.

Love it when we win and one or more players divide opinion :heart_eyes:

I’m not divided both my personalities are in agreement. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Gini was an important pillar of this team in the season we won the CL and in the season we won the league.

At this point of the season it seems that he will be again while players like Ox, Keita and Thiago are just ‘extras’.

1 Like

He keeps things simple because that’s what Klopp wants him to do. It’s how he’s always played that role. He plays to instruction, does what he’s told and that’s why he’s one of JK’s favourites. We would be in the shit without him this season given all the injuries we’ve had. Very pleased he’s still here.

5 Likes

This Klopp guy must be an absolute moron. It would great if he could have a little chat with Flobs, you know maybe that would educate him a little bit.
Love to know why Gini is more attacking for Holland than LFC. Gini obviously doesn’t have the passion anymore for LFC. The sooner we get rid of the crab the better.

Why would I wish to be educated by an absolute moron?

Because it would be a step up for you?

??? :roll_eyes:

Ladies, please.

2 Likes

@ISMF1
I can see this gif on desktop but not on my iPhone safari browser.

You need to turn off your sexism filter on your iPhone :wink:

9 Likes

A recent Apple update stopped it working.

The guys at Discourse are working on a fix, I am waiting till they confirm its stable but once they do I will update the code here :slight_smile:

1 Like

Boy, that was ugly to watch when he received possession in our build up as a LCM in a double pivot. He doesn’t lead the ball, the ball leads him. Which leads him to have double more touches than needed in order to be in control, especially when put under pressure. Wanted us not to pass to him in such tight situations. In transitions and shielding stuff he’s good. But in certain positional and possession aspects, he’s pretty limited.

7 Likes

This formation is always going to be difficult for him. He needs the third midfielder for those passes and it’s not his game to receive the ball on the turn and swift pass them midfield to make those passes. This will however suit someone like Thiago so perfectly. The lack of another midfielder and full backs bombing forward against De Bruyne was always going to create some erroneous decision making.

3 Likes

Very limited. He has no anticipation which makes life difficult.

1 Like