Georginio WIJNALDUM: 2020/21

Lack of tactical awareness you mean!

1 Like

Thought he was great against City. Donā€™t know what game some of you were watching :thinking:

5 Likes

Hell of a shift put in yesterday. Worked his nuts off covering all that space long after most of the teamā€™s legs had gone. One of his best performances of the season.

6 Likes

He had trouble with Cityā€™s pressing and his ball control was uncharacteristically off at times but generally he did well. He ran his socks off closing down a lot of space as usual.

I know that some donā€™t appreciate what he brings but to me he and Henderson constitute the teamā€™s backbone in midfield. I still hope that heā€™ll extend his stay with us.

4 Likes

Concur with @RedArmada @BillyBiskix @Mascot

Gini, alongside captain Henderson, are two of our most astute players. They both enable the front three (four in the Shitty game) to be on the front foot, and our fullbacks to play in sacrilegious ways.

Playing in a two in yesterdayā€™s game was ballsy from Klopp, and only the Gini/Jordan combo would have been able to do that.

Shitty took time to get used to our formation, and we really couldā€™ve scored a couple more in the first 30 minutes. After that, collectively the team couldnā€™t keep that pace for the full game, which is as expected.

Gini has been an important player for us over several years now, and continues to be. Also the one most likely to stay fit too.

6 Likes

He had a bit of difficulty with covering the stroppy ginger lump (most would struggle) in citehā€™s midfield but also had to cover large distances because of how we set up,still great at holding players off the ball tho.

5 Likes

Off the ball he worked hard, covered the gaps, made some good tackles in the second half.

On the ball he was pretty awful - slow, ponderous, unambitious and put his teammates under pressure.

He was caught a few times against Atalanta and the same happened yesterday. He needs to start moving it on more quickly.

7 Likes
7 Likes

Oh great :triumph: now he will for sure start in all 3 matches in the space of 8 days :rage:

5 Likes

One of the Dutch internationals (Vilhena) tested positie for COVID-19 did he gave it to others?

1 Like

Playing as the right sided double pivot. Frenkie is left of him, Beek is in front of them as a #10.

Iā€™d like Gini more at RCM in coming weeks/months. With Thiago returning and finding rhythm, but also Gini to help our balance and problems on the right side.

2 Likes

I donā€™t think so, watching the game also.

1 Like

Think he was vice-captain behind Virg anyway.

A belated happy birthday from me. Happy birthday, Gini.

6 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

Beast!!!

Glad we have

• 3 injury prone midfielders in Thiago, Keita and Ox

• one 44 year old senior who is starting to age in Milner

• and Hendo who used to be injury prone and soon to be aging

to replace Gini next season.

Give the man a carte blanche contract ffs.

4 Likes

I bet you wouldnā€™t tell Milner he is 44 to his face.

6 Likes

would that be the 44yr old ā€˜lined faceā€™ā€¦ he turning into Sid James :0)

1 Like

No, no, please let him. It will be fun to watch

2 Likes