Georginio WIJNALDUM: 2020/21

3 Likes

Phew, thought it was another injury when the thread got bumped.

Do we have V-PTSD?

1 Like

Apparently heā€™s scored 7 of their last 12 goals or something? Surely that canā€™t be right?

1 Like

Lets hope Barcelona werenā€™t watching this gameā€¦

1 Like
1 Like

Real Madrid will challenge Barcelona for the signing of Netherlands midfielder Georginio Wijnaldum, 30, from Liverpool . (Corriere Dello Sport via Sport)

Can we just get him signed up; this will only get worse until its sorted either way.

2 Likes

Funny how the clubs which were after our best players are suddenly all after Gini who is an ordinary, sideways passing, invisible midfielder :eyes:

7 Likes
3 Likes

Which club has been after Jordan Henderson?

2 Likes

For the number of minutes he is able to play over the course of a season he should already be on the same wages as Bobby.

4 Likes

Does anyone know if there is any truth in the rumour that Gini has been offered a new three year contract which includes a 40% pay rise?

3 Likes

Wouldnā€™t surprise me but he might have already decided to leave. Too late by the club.

1 Like

If the club have played brinkmanship with Gini, then he could have turned away already. No one obviously knows the respective positions of the parties but the club should have got this done ages ago. The modern day Seedorf about to leave on a freeā€¦maybe, but bet he plays at top level for another 5 years. It will be an embarrassment for the club if it does go that way.

2 Likes

As I keep saying Gini will decide in January, when he can openly talk to all interested parties.
Thereā€™s no brinkmanship or anything else itā€™s Gini who has kept his options open.
No need to talk shit!

1 Like

I think Gini will leave next summer on a free. Donā€™t forget, heā€™s got agent, whoā€™ll be constantly in his ear.

2 Likes

I will never change my opinion on this - club messed this one up big time and long time ago. Should have offered him what he deserves long time before Corona started.

Not for one second will i believe that Gini did not want to stay and was not open to an extension.

4 Likes

There is brinkmanship in all negotiations even with a dullard.

1 Like

We offered him improved terms over a year ago.

6 Likes

It doesnā€™t matter how often this and similar are pointed out. Some are just unwilling to accept Gini might actually be tempted to move on so the only thing that makes sense to them is the club are shafting him. He seems so much happier with his national team and how they use him than doing the unglamorous slog work that he does for us that constantly has people questioning his quality.

4 Likes

You cant make that conclusion out either, without knowing the details of the terms.

1 Like