Germany based Reds

Hallo Alle,
I know there’s a few of us on here. I’m in Berlin and we’ve got a very active supporters group here. Shame there’s no chance to meet up in a pub like in the old days.
Anyway Kumpels, ‘Du wirst nie alleine laufen!’
:wink:

6 Likes

Are the pubs still closed in Germany?

No, but the local supporters club haven’t been organising pub viewings since March as a safety measure.

2 Likes

Well, I’ll be keeping tabs on this thread (I’m in Emsland so Berlin would be something of a trek).

One thing to note for German based fans is that DAZN now have an app on Telekom’s Magenta receiver and it is so much clearer than Chromecast. Just a pity that Sky can’t do something better than Ticket.

2 Likes

There are supporters groups all over Germany https://www.redmenfamily.de/fanclubs/

2 Likes

@Bekloppt that is wonderful news! Berlin is my home. I was born and raised and there is no place in earth I’d rather be. I will be back in March and would love to connect with a Fellow Red. I’m currently in the States on contract work but am already very much looking forward to coming home.

1 Like

Hopefully by then we’ll be able to watch with the supporters club in a pub.

1 Like
6 Likes

It’s March :blush:

2 Likes

Looks like we’ll be able to watch in a bar again by the start of next season barring some kind of major setback.

4 Likes

I have serious misgivings about the Euro, the Copa, and the Olympics this summer. Not to mention the usual summer frolicking. Hope for the best, stay safe.

Great to watch the clip Kopstar posted ! Makes me want to take Gesangsunterrricht :slight_smile:
Grüße aus Saarbrücken vom 1-Mann-fanclub !!

1 Like

At the present rate well over half the country will be vaccinated by the end of June

2 Likes

Good news, bad news.

My project was extended and I will be here few more weeks through end of June. I am missing my family terribly, I have to keep reminding my wife that this was a financial opportunity that was too good to decline. I’m also honored I was chosen. America is a wonderful place and I’m learning much about day to day life but I am missing home. As part of the framework for my assignment, upon return I will have 21 days off to spend with my family. It’s been very difficult.

Im no longer in Philadelphia, ironically enough I’m currently located in the town where Christian Pulisic is from, Hershey Pennsylvania. Many Pulisic shirts here.

5 Likes

You work in confectionery?

1 Like

Haha I wish! Government agency.

EDIT: my assignment is in Harrisburg, PA but the house I’m renting is in Hershey, PA.

1 Like

This message will self destruct in 5…

2 Likes

Bundestag election is due in September. What are your assessments, expectations, apprehensions @Neukölln @anon27364116 @Werder4life @Eintrachtfan @GermanRed @Bekloppt @Livvy and other Germans at TAN.

I can vote!

It seems all the parties are doing their best not to get elected.

I’ve genuinely no idea mate. It’s likely going to be a coalition of some sort. It will come down to a popularity contest of candidates and I guess Scholz will edge Laschet because the latter is a windbag in my view and Baerbock imho will suffer from the direct comparison with Merkel , because the prospect of another female chancellor puts that into focus.
She came across young and aggressive which might appeal to younger voters but for me as a habitual green voter I have a bit of trouble with her fundamentalist style… ( traditional inner party faultline: Fundis vs. Realos)

And I’d like to see the AfD fuck right off , which unfortunately is unlikely to happen because they turn up the “fear of refugees” sirens again in light of the Afgahnistan crisis.

3 Likes