Germany based Reds

Posted in the wrong thread. Deleted.

So, just a couple of weeks to go until the election and I’ve been thinking about my vote. As I have serious reservations about all the parties for one reason or another I thought I’d try the
Wahlomat - https://www.wahl-o-mat.de/

That’s a webtool that asks you questions on various political themes and then tells you which party is closest to your views, which is pretty useful in a country with so many parties. So, it turns out that I should vote for something called ‘Die Partei’ which is basically a satirical party.
I’m supposed to vote for a bunch of jokers.

2 Likes

That doesn’t narrow it down at all

I did that too.
Apparently I’m basically Danish, as it turns out the closest to my views is the Danish minority party I can’t even for in my state.

2 Likes
1 Like

Pub viewings for the Leeds match. I’m hoping to get to Tante Käthe, but 50/50 at the moment.

I don’t have a vote but I’d thought I’d give it a try out of curiosity. Apparently, I match up to the Animal Welfare Party which somewhat surprised me. Of the mainstream parties I am closest to the Greens followed by the SPD which probably is close to my politics even if I do have some criticism of their policies.

Bottom for me were the NPD and AfD so it’s reassuring to know that I’m not a fucking Nazi.

My wife has already voted by post and my mother-in-law is complaining that they are all bad although, as she was brought up in the DDR, she does reserve a special place in Hell for the AfD and Linke (because of the SED links).

2 Likes

Which part of Germany are you in RW?

There’s a lot of articles/programs criticizing Angela Merkel on DW recently. What puzzles me is, why now?

Because she is in her very last days as chancellor after 16 years in the post.
On Sunday we will elect a new government and chancellor.

PS I realised later what you meant. There have also been plenty of articles praising her, I guess it depends on where you get your news.

1 Like

Waiting to vote in Neukölln. I’ve been here 45 mins and will be another 30. They really test your faith in democracy

4 Likes

He’s always been a decent poster but I swear I didn’t expect him to be named the new chancellor…

2 Likes

And the conservative clown candidate is too stupid to vote correctly…

3 Likes

Who, me?

It looks like a grand coalition again. Neither party can form a majority coalition with the Greens and anything involving the Greens and free market FDP is a recipe for disaster.

Just a question of which party gets the Chancellor.

It will be SPD/Greens/FDP or CDU/Greens/FDP imo, i really don´t believe that it will be a majority coalition again. But we have to wait for the postal votes. It could make a difference.

1 Like

Nah, Laschet, can’t even fold his ballot the right way. Or maybe he did it on purpose.

I agree with Livvy, grand coalition is least likely.

1 Like

The Left might not be in the parliament???

Yeah very close, but even if they fall under 5% they could possibly still be in the Bundestag if they manage to hold onto their 3 direct candidates.

1 Like

What happens to the 8% votes that went to parties failing to cross the 5% threshold?

Similar to Everton after every PL season they receive a participation certificate :page_with_curl: