Gini Wijnaldum (CM) - PSG

So who would you drop, Henderson or Fabinho?

1 Like

We’d be mugs to let Gini go.

Hendo starts, Fab starts in midfield unless klopp decides to keep him as CB.

Thiago is out on Thiago but he could quite as easily be another Kieta. Plays 2 then misses 2 months.

Ox has his injury concerns and Jones is still young.

Gini playing lovely football lately

7 Likes

Fabinho. He won’t be a first choice midfielder for me.

Thiago played in the last 5 years for Bayern:
2015/16 42 matches
2016/17 41 matches
2017/18 32 matches
2018/19 42 matches
2019/20 32 matches

The only reason why he is still not playing is that an Everton lowlife tried to break his leg.

11 Likes

It isn’t up to us. It’s up to Gini.

3 Likes

Okey, Gini would be mugs to let us go :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes
4 Likes

Hopefully that will reduce the number of inane comments for the Club to ‘get it sorted’.

8 Likes

Just give him what he wants bro

6 Likes

New reliable reports saying he wants to be top earner + a stand at Anfield named after him soon and a statue outside the stadium when he retires.

Not asking for too much. Make it happen FSG ffs.

:grimacing:

3 Likes

He should be a top earner…though.

1 Like

In our top 5? Arguably but definitely not on a level with Salah, Mane, Henderson or VvD.

2 Likes

Probably yes, but do you know the numbers, I dont have a clue what the ballpark is. What about Bobby?

To replace what Gini does will easily cost similar wages to our best paid.

2 Likes

plus a fee minimum £20m

2 Likes

As wonderful and reliable a player Gini is I think some are over stating things in his favour. To me I’m not sure he should be on the same level of pay as many of our players. Wouldn’t put him in our top 5. He’d make my top ten maybe but don’t think he is looking at that. Salah, Mane, Firmino, Henderson, VvD, Alisson, Robertson and Trent are all more essential to us and our way of playing. It may not seem fair but Thiago and Milner probably both have more senior status when it comes to pay too.

Ya what, you duplicitous bastard. Not three posts earlier you are suggesting the exact opposite.

3 Likes

Don’t forget the all-important birthday cake. That’s the real deal breaker.

1 Like

He is still, in my opinion, prone to disappear in games. Fulham and West Brom notably. If he want to be one of the very top earners that shouldn’t be happening.

3 Likes

Haha is that to me for saying; “In our top 5? Arguably …”?

I can understand if people put Gini in their own top 5. His availability makes him an extremely dependable player and an argument can definitely be made for him to sneak in at 5. Personally not how I’d put it but I can definitely accept there is an argument that can be put forward for him.

Gini is a real good, understated player, puts in a slog for us and sees out instructions. His dependability on the pitch and reliability to always be available to be selected to go on the pitch makes him a lot more used player than his skills and abilities though. Cracking player I just don’t see him in our top 5 by any metric.

Performance, leadership/seniority, standing in the game, influence on the team/results or ability Gini is probably in the top ten in most or all of those categories but not top 5 for any. If he wants to be one of our top earners he needs to improve in more than one of those categories for me.